Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Remote Start Seat/Steering Wheel Not Heating Problems

investorxinvestorx Member Posts: 2
Is anyone else having problems with their remote start not turning on the heated seats and steering wheel? I have a 2011 and its NOT working. Another person I work with also is having the problems, I have checked the settings in the radio and it is set to come on. Also my drivers convienance light on the mirror does not work. 5000 miles. Scheduled for the local dealer next week but a bit concerned about what they will be able to diagnose.

Comments

• Options
    gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    As you've already checked the settings, the next step is going to be waiting for a diagnosis from the dealership. If you need assistance in working with them, please email us more information (including your name/username, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and the name of your involved dealership).

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    crankeeecrankeee Member Posts: 298
    Obvious comment , but on our 2010 CXL with remote start, we ahd to leave the heated seats on the nite before and have the heater settings on also.
    Starting the car up with those settings operating alerted the system to start up the same. Sorry for the simplistic post but prior posts on some of the options on the Lacrosse were solved by similar ideas. Good luck.
  • Options
    joelippard3joelippard3 Member Posts: 18
    The owners manual on my 2010 CXS states that you must have these various features engaged before shutting off the car for the evening, then they will be called up via the remote start the nexxt morning.
  • Options
    investorxinvestorx Member Posts: 2
    The manual on the 2011 just says it needs to be turned on in the personalization menu. The dealer says its working. I can't tell it is. My 2011 GMC Acadia has the seats very warm with remote start and you can feel it when you get in the car. The Lacross if working (as the dealer claims) is very poor with the pre-heating of the seat. Maybe i will take some measurements and post the temps for comparison.