Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

328i Fuel Pump failures

sudeepchadhasudeepchadha Member Posts: 1
My car has under 60K miles and I care for it a lot, regular oil change, premium fuel everything. Yesterday, while taking an exit my car just lost power..it just died..that's it just died..wont start..just died. I had to carefully slow down and park on the side of the road, if there was traffic from behind then I would be certainly in the hospital. Anyways, I am not an engine expert so I had the car towed to the nearest BMW repair shop. They told me that the fuel pump for the car had failed and needed to be replaced.

Are there folks out there who have been in similar situations.

Next person on the freeway who faces this 'fuel pump' failure might not be so lucky. I think I owe my good luck and want to create awareness about this issue. This might help avoid an accident.

Comments

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    E90 non-HP pumps rarely fail- but it's not unknown. I've owned 10 BMWs since 1983 and currently maintain four. I've only experienced one electric fuel pump failure(the in-tank pump of an E28 535is). My E36 3er has 130,000 miles on its original fuel pump, and my son's 140,000 mile E83 X3 2.5 still has its original pump as well.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    rhmassrhmass Member Posts: 263
    Of the six BMW 3 series we have owned, one, 2002 325xiT had the problem approximately at 60,000 miles. This is the only one with the problem. I had it replaced and had the battery replaced as well. There has been no issue any more. The total cost, if I remember correctly, amounted to around $850 at an Independent shop.