Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Flashing Odometer when starting

davidingilbertdavidingilbert Member Posts: 53
edited March 2014 in Honda
Hello all. I have a 2006 Honda Accord Ex-L. I have noticed lately when I start my car, that my digital odometer will sometimes flash with each crank of the starter.

Does anyone have any clue as to what that means?
I live in Arizona and know that the car is due for a new battery soon. Just want to prepare myself in case it is something more.

Thanks.
Dave

Comments

• Options
    mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    edited March 2013
    The drain from the starter is enough to dim the lights, but I wonder if they always dim a bit while starting the car. I think they dim when starting my 04 Accord. I would still change the battery if it's old. No need to get stranded over an old battery that you'll chance eventually.

Mrbill
  • Options
    davidingilbertdavidingilbert Member Posts: 53
    Mr. Bill -
    thank you. My car is close to an oil change soon. I think I will have them replace the battery then. I have not had the best of luck with this car. Busted motor mount @ 38,000 miles and a power steering pump at 60,000....
    :mad:
  • Options
    blaze511blaze511 Member Posts: 1
    PS pump at 60k seems about right...you should check the recall on that for the hose leakage causing the pump to fail. I have the same model and Honda reimbursed me for the repair I did myself.

I am faced with a failed transmission now with P0741 code; will be rebuilding the Transmission myself in the coming weeks.

In AZ also