Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

3.8 engine rebuild

tfauberttfaubert Member Posts: 2
Hi everyone new to the edmunds sight my wife has a 2000 bonniville sle we bought new after 13 years and 225,000 faithful miles its time to rebuild it the body and interior are still factory showroom mint and the engine actually still runs perfect but shes getting tired my wife loves the car so i decided to rebuild it we pulled the engine out last nght and stripped it down to the bare block to day over the next month i will post in here the progress we make as well s the list of parts and pieces along with pics of this project for all to see and enjoy

Comments

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155
    Now this is going to be interesting.

Any chance for pictures?

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    tfauberttfaubert Member Posts: 2
    yes i will be posting pictures through out this build as time allows and your right this will be interesting
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155
    Actually you're rebuilding a 3800 Series II, and I assume it's NA, not supercharged. The 3800 has changed from the 3.8 design with many updates.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    scscarsscscars Member Posts: 92
    Looking forward to seeing pictures of your rebuild. I hope to learn something from it as there are fixes that I need to make on the 3800 Series II that I have in my 2002 Bonneville. Good luck!