Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Cadillac CTS/CTS-V

Comments

• Options
    shnooksf1shnooksf1 Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering how can you tell when a cts was produced? i.e. 2002early model or 2003 later model by using the vin #.
  • Options
    batmansctsbatmanscts Member Posts: 63
    The easiest way to tell is to look on the sticker on the driver's door. Not the price sticker on the window, but the small manufacturer's sticker on the inside edge of the open door near the latching mechanism.
  • Options
    oldsman01oldsman01 Member Posts: 1,203
    I had a few friends make remarks about my current choice in automobile(Oldsmobile Intrigue) when I bought it. Funny thing was, once they actually rode in the car with me, they were quite impressed. I suspect that once some of your friends actually get to sit inside or ride in your CTS(once you get it) they may change their perception. And unless their Bimmers and Benzs are M or AMG cars, they may think "old man's car" when they see your taillights:) I really never pay that much attention to the age range of a particular car's drivers, but I have noticed a few particularly young CTS drivers in the area. One is a very attractive woman who can't be more than 30 who drives a Diamond White with the sport/luxury package. She must live close to me because I see her quite often and we often pass each other on the same stretch of road.
  • Options
    ego29isteego29iste Member Posts: 45
    I rolled my BMW, a 2000 328i. It actually rolled over about three times, and the back end caved somewhat similar to the CTS on that link above. Funny thing was none of the airbags deployed.
    Thought I would post this for your interest.

Regards,

TJ
  • Options
    I was looking at the pictures and I'm curious to know what the driver was doing that led to that terrible mishap. That thing is in pretty bad shape. Put some bullet holes in it and it would be about as bad as the CTS at the end of the chase scene in the Matrix Reloaded.
  • Options
    automoleautomole Member Posts: 154
    Don't say that too loudly oldsman...next thing you know the eBay seller will hear and change their listing to read "CTS from the Matrix Reloaded. Once in a lifetime chance to own a piece of moviemaking history!"...they are already stretching the truth by calling that car 'rebuildable'.

Maybe someone can transform it into one of those "custom Newport convertibles" : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&cate- gory=43903&item=2424373209
  • Options
    b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    #3877 of 4036 okay guys by b4z Jul 09, 2003 (9:04 pm)
    I vote no more links to Cabriolet roofed CTSs.
    And no more links to the this 4 door CTS convertible on ebay that keeps getting reposted.

LOL!
  • Options
    Agreed! No more links...

-Like a bad accident, you just HAD to look didn't you? HA!
  • Options
    eaton53eaton53 Member Posts: 356
    Saw a commercial for this movie (top box office this week) and they were driving "surprise" a CTS in a car chase.

Obviously the movies love the CTS.
  • Options
    necrosnecros Member Posts: 127
    Results from this Saturday: http://www.rmsolo.org/results/03/0719full.txt

8th out of 13. Not bad. A little better than I do normally.

I did, however, succeed in mostly spinning the car. Very, very cool. :) The CTS is perfectly reasonable during a spin. Very predictable. Both feet in, and all was well.
  • Options
    My guess is the CTS makes for a great high speed chase car:) I haven't seen Bad Boys II but the local paper gave it a terrible review which means it is probably a great movie for the rest of us:) Typically if the review of the movie is bad, it is a good flick. Seems the review of the Matrix Reloaded was lukewarm if I remember.
  • Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    Disclosure: I bought a 2000 Lincoln LS8 Sport – and put nearly 40,000 miles on it – so, I may be biased. But I do not now own an LS.

I recently test drove the first ’04 CTS with the Sport package received by my dealer. It also had about every other option – the list (I was told, no sticker on the car) was over $40K. I test drone an ’03 LS8 Sport immediately before driving the CTS. FWIW, here are my impressions:

Price: I am not certain exactly what price the CTS could be purchased for. I am reasonable certain that the LS8 Sport w/moonroof could be purchased (after rebate and discount) for something between $35 and $36,000.

Engine: The LS’s V8 is a wonderful motor. With the full dual exhaust and a freer flow than my 2000 (I had Magnaflows installed on mine within the first 1,000 miles – it originally sounded more like an angry industrial vacuum cleaner than an internal combustion engine) they provide what I look for in a sound track to accompany spirited driving. (Just the right amount of heterodyne V8 beat for me.) With 286 lb./ft. of torque and VVT to spread that well above and below the peak, it is flexible and provides ample power (for me) in any circumstance. With about 200 more pounds to haul, I think it is likely a bit quicker – but I have yet to see a published full test.

Trans.: The SST (Lincoln’s interpretation of a man-u-matic) is a useful device for providing the additional control over shift timing that improves my ability to enjoy said spirited driving. Clearly, it is not a manual – but no manual allows the option of fully automatic shift management when traffic conditions make that more desirable. My understanding is that the new Caddy SUV with this motor and trans. will have such a mode – I was disappointed to learn that the CTS does not receive this even as an option.

Steering / ride / handling. I also prefer the balance (compromise) of the LS Sport suspension tuning to that of the CTS. No idea which would pull higher maximum lateral G force – but I do not explore that close to the limit on public roads.

Seats: Well, here in the deep south, the fact that the LS provides cooling to the leather seat surfaces is really quite a treat.

MPG: Well, does anyone know what the ’04 CTS 3.6 highway EPA rating is? As I said, there was no window sticker on this car – the sales manager had claimed it for his ‘demo’. (Thanks!) The LS8 is rated at 24 – the CTS is probably 1 or 2 mpg better??? Last time I checked, KBB said the MPG ratings had not been updated for the ’04 3.6 . . .

Styling – inside and out: well, that’s a very personal thing. . .

So – If I am able to buy an ’03 LS before the inventory dries up completely, I would do that rather than buy the ’04 CTS. But I did want to try the CTS, now that the motor had been materially improved for ’04.

Again, I mean no offense to anyone of this board. And the CTS is certainly a good car – and quite a departure for Caddy – as the LS was in late ’99. And I applaud the fact that GM will bring the CTS-v to market.

As always – just my $.02 worth . . .
    Cheers,
    - Ray
    Returning to lurking mode – with flame suit zipped up . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    cu95cu95 Member Posts: 96
    I'm 30. I work in Manhattan and live north of the city. I'm just starting to see the occasional CTS. BMWs and Mercedes are everywhere --like a rodent infestation. :-) Of my friends, I'm quite sure I'm the only who considers Cadillac "the" prestige car make. But most have commented favorably on the CTS (of course, they could simply be being polite). I've had my CTS since April; I'd buy it again today in a hear beat.
  • Options
    We know you don't care for the cabriolet roof or CTS convertible (neither do I) but what do you think of this modification?:

http://www.caddyforum.com/CTS_Turbo.wmv
  • Options
    mannytrannymannytranny Member Posts: 175
    O.K. you have my attention!
         Now that's somethimg I can really appreciate. I haven't been able to get my CTS to the dragstrip at all this year. I haven't run the car for time since October 2002.
         When the 'grudge' runs are on this year , I couldn't make it or it started to rain and they were cancelled. I still hope to get back again this season to go again.
         I think I will replay this link as inspiration until I get my turn again with my unmodified CTS.
  • Options
    wwhite2wwhite2 Member Posts: 535
    Bring on the vipers !! Who manufacturers that turbo set up . What kind of boost pressures do you need to run in the elevens ? > With that I wouldnt need to even think of a CTS-V
  • Options
    It is a Buick GN turbo 3.8 that was fit under the hood .
  • Options
    necrosnecros Member Posts: 127
    Yep, it's the Turbo Buick engine. I posted pics of the car here a couple of weeks ago. :)
  • Options
    fjk57702fjk57702 Member Posts: 539
    They could have used the 3800 and offered the supercharged 3800 (standard on the sport package?) instead of the opel v6!
  • Options
    biglevbiglev Member Posts: 8
    I asked for a quote on a 2004 CTS with everything but navigation this week. The dealer gave me a quote of $1500 off MSRP. Is this similar to any discounts people have been getting?
  • Options
    sevenfeet0sevenfeet0 Member Posts: 486
    Ray,

No need for the nomex underwear. :)

Thanks for your comments. We do appreciate them around here, even if some of us might disagree. I can't comment either way since I haven't driven either a 2004 CTS or the Lincoln LS Sport. The Lincoln doesn't have enough knee room for my super-long body. :-(
  • Options
    Ray,
        I was drafting a message saying almost exactly the same thing that sevenfeet0 posted. He said it very well for many of us.

Sevenfeet0: When I got my CTS back from the dealer yesterday, one of the pleasing features that I immediately noticed was that I had much more leg room in the CTS than I had in the loaner STS (i.e., driver's seat leg room).
        The CTS is one of the few cars that I have driven in several years that allows me to fully extend my left leg (without having my foot under the brake pedal). As one of the "senior" CTS owners, it is important for me to be able to extend my legs so that my tired old knees don't swell up on me. (I know... I have you all in tears of sympathy.) :>)
          BTW, I'm fivefeet12. I used to be taller before my wife cut me down to my current size through years of bowing to her wishes and kneeling at her command. That's probably how I got bad knees. She loves the CTS, so I don't have to kneel quite as often anymore.
         She is fourfeet11. She got behind the wheel of the CTS for the first time last night. She could position the seat forward and high enough to reach the pedals and see well without having the steering wheel (and the air bag) dangerously close to her body and face. Even her Honda Accord doesn't allow her to do that without having to use a couple of cushions.
         Seems to me that CTS engineers/designers did a great job of building a vehicle that comfortably accomodates drivers from the size of my petite wife to ones who are sevenfeet0.

Cheers!
  • Options
    jmh4jmh4 Member Posts: 6
    We have a 2004 CTS which we love by the way! No problems with anything. Have had since 9/03.

Yesterday we received a recall for Engine Control Module (ECM) programing error. Anyone had this taken care of yet????
  • Options
    What is up with the legroom in the STS and deville?
  • Options
    I don't want to drag out a boring discussion of leg room, but there's a lesson here worth remembering when comparing vehicles.
        On paper, several vehicles may appear to have as much or more front leg room compared to the CTS. For example, the STS specs say that it has 42.5 inches of front leg room versus 42.4 for the CTS. It would seem that one-tenth of any inch wouldn't be noticable, but the STS certainly should have as much leg room as the CTS. However, the design of the driver's seat, steering wheel, steering column, dash, pedals, floorboard, and firewall can all affect how the driver can move his/her legs.
        Some cars have a footrest for the driver's left foot. It seems to me that the one in the STS eats up a couple of inches of what would otherwise be available leg room. The CTS also has a small footrest under the parking brake pedal but has room to the right of the footrest and left of the brake pedal that allows a driver to extend his/her left leg another 2 - 3 inches. (Auto transmission models.)
         The STS is almost a foot longer than the CTS, but the CTS wheelbase is 1.2 inches longer than the STS wheelbase. Perhaps that translates to another inch of front leg room in the CTS. If one just compared the length of the two cars (visually or by measurements), it might be easy to assume that the longer of the two would have more front seat leg room, but that would be an incorrect assumption.
        The lesson is that measurements and specifications may not tell an accurate story. Several factors may make cars with almost identical measurements (such as leg room) feel completely different. It is important to examine things closely and personally rather than merely relying on published information or opinions of others.
  • Options
    richw5richw5 Member Posts: 152
    Just kidding! Since I have a CTS and STS I have to disagree with you, although it's more about the seat depth than leg room.

The STS is more comfortable for my right leg on a long drive. The seat is slightly deeper giving my accelerator leg more support. Although I found that if I recline the CTS seatback and raise the seat front, my right leg gets better support.

Since I'm a "senior" too, also with bad knees. I can appreciate your problem. I measured 5'11" at my physical two weeks ago, down from 5'12" most of my adult life. Since I've only been married 5 years, does that mean that my wife is better at shrinking me than yours is at shrinking you?

Seriously, I bought the CTS as a surprise for my wife (she's 5'2"). It's her daily driver because somebody has to work. When we go shoping, to dinner or out with friends, we always take the CTS for the pleasure of driving it.

I always try to wave at other CTS drivers and usually get at least a smile back. My wife still thinks I'm crazy to wave, but she's used to me by now. There hasn't been a day in the last two weeks, when I haven't seen at least one CTS on the road. They are really getting to be popular in the Chicago suburbs.

Rich
  • Options
    Rich,
        Fortunately, I still have a closet full of Nomex stuff. The zippers on the flight suits are a little tight, but the Nomex long underwear stretches enough that I still wear it in the Colorado winters.
        I'm not sure that we disagree. I think we agree that the folks who designed and built the CTS did a pretty good job, particularly when you compare it to the popular STS.

Dealer Inventory: For all the folks who say they can't find what they want at their dealers, Red Noland Cadillac in Colorado Springs had about 10 CTSs in stock when I was there yesterday. Both 03s and 04s... a beautiful cashmere/neutral 04 in the show room.

I gotta go. My wife may wake from her nap any minute and discover that I'm not mowing the lawn. Which reminds me of some evidence of how well I really like our CTS. I sold my riding lawn mower because it interfered with opening one of the CTS doors when both were parked in the garage. Now that mower really didn't have any leg room.... oops, sorry... there I go again.

Cheers to all... and out to give someone else a chance.
  • Options
    Batman, my garden tractor has plenty of legroom Did you have the seat all the way back LOL
  • Options
    ...OK, I was trying to keep quiet and not start a 'rant' about the DTS but since you got me on the subject of legroom...

I was given a DTS loaner while my car was in for repair of some minor issues. Aside from all the other reasons I HATED the car, one of the big problems was driver legroom and the damned e-brake pedal constantly hitting the top of my left leg ankle while driving.

In addition (while I'm on the subject of e-brakes) I'm GLAD that they didn't include a self releasing emergency brake on the CTS! I would have expected the brake on the DTS to release slowly and smoothly (like the '67 T-Bird I remember riding in as a kid) but instead it releases violently with a loud pop...not very 'luxuriously' if that's even a word.

I won't bore you with the details of my "DTS 24hr test drive" but will say that I was VERY happy to get the CTS back and that if the DTS/STS were the only "upgrade" cars Cadillac had to offer I would continue to drive the CTS or look to another brand of automobile for a replacement.
  • Options
    redgtconvredgtconv Member Posts: 46
    Where do you live? I live in South Florida and I was an independent car dealer in the 80's and early 90's and I used to have many contacts with auto dealers around the state. I am used to getting very large discounts on most autos. Over the years my contacts have dried up. So, now that I am looking for an '04 CTS I went by a local dealer and he wanted to start negotiating at msrp. I then called the largest volume Cadillac dealer and could only do about $500- better. Then I went to another Cadillac dealer's website and to my surprise my contact from the mid 80's was still there and is now in an upper level postion at the dealership. I drove by yesterday, re-introduced myself and within 5 minutes and had a price very close to invoice. A much larger discount then the $1500- you were given. In respect to him I can't tell you the exact amount, but if you live in South Florida I would be happy to introduce you to him. And that goes for everyone on this message board. If you live in South Florida let me know, but please don't do it unless you are ready to buy the car. I don't want to waste his time. I would like to keep this contact for my future purchases. Now, if I could only get out of my current lease which expires January 13th. To qualify for the GM early lease termination program, your lease must expire by January 2nd.
  • Options
    I took GM's bait and am currently driving a CTS courtesy of the 24 hour test drive. Thats right folks, she is sitting out in the driveway as we speak. The one I've got is a cashmere base model 03. Build date was 06/03 so it's got the enhancements that was added along the way. All I can say is it will be hard giving it back tomorrow. The ride is just superb. I spent a good hour or more this evening just driving it down certain roads, particularly roads which make my Intrigue ride like a go cart. I just can't get over how well the car absorbs the bumps. It's not an isolation chamber by any meams, but the car does a great job isolating you from impacts. A few quirks I did notice. One was the steering did seem overly heavy, particularly when parking in a tight parking lot. I remember the SLS I had as a rental last summer was also like this. Also, as others have mentioned, there is a little driveline vibration that can be felt throught the shift lever. Keep in mind this was an 03 and it had the 3.2. Having said that, the engine ran every bit as smooth as the 3.5 liter V6 in my Intrigue and the 5 speed automatic ALWAYS had it in the right gear. The transmission really makes the best of the engine and I can only imagine what it will do for the the 3.6 liter engine. I also noticed that "slowing" sensation when you take your foot off the gas. And as someone mentioned before, the keyfob does hit your knee a bit. If only they had put the ignition on the dash rather than on the column, the ergonomics of the car would be truly perfect. Better yet, why not use one of those keys like Saab and MB use where the remote fob is actually part of the actual key. One other quirk was the tilt steering wheel spacing was a bit broad as the perfect position for driving blocks the tops of the speedo and tach. Move the wheel up one notch and it's too high. I also have this problem with the Intrigue. Other than those minor gripes, this is truly a world class car! Oh and yes, the glove box is really small. The A/C blows ice cold air(just like an old R-12 system does), the white backlit gauges look fantastic at night(they are almost as good the electroluminescent ones in the Seville), and the driver's seat is very comfy. And even in base form, the car is well equipped. Although the seats and mirror positions cannot be personalized, I do like how other settings can be personalized for driver 1 and 2. If the 3.6 liter engine is as good as everyome is saying, then the 04s will ne an even better deal considering the modest increase in price as the 03 is an impressive piece itself. Kudos to Cadillac for FINALLY building a car like this. I'm looking very forward to testing an 04 and hopefully will the owner(or leasee) of one in the not so distant future. To sum it up, the sticker on the 03 I have is only about $2000 more than the sticker on my 01 Intrigue GLS was. While I know Intrigues were heavily discounted(even before the Olds phase-out annoucement), it is hard to believe there is that little difference as the CTS is truly a different class of car. And worth every penny of that extra 2K.
  • Options
    While at the dealer I asked if they expected to get any XLRs in anytime soon and was told they had already sold 4 of them sight unseen. Also, I when walking into the showroom, I did not find a retirement home atmosphere that many fear at a Cadillac dealer. While I was probably the youngest there by at least 10 years, the age range of many of the customers(and they were pretty busy) was certainly younger than you have seen in a Caddy dealer 5 years ago. The Escalades seemed to be the most popular with the younger customers. I peered in one and yes it's a nice truck, but for that kind of money I'm going with an STS. Or better yet, wait a year and go with a CTS-V.
  • Options
    j1205j1205 Member Posts: 9
    I guess I'm alone with the FM whine and AM "static while braking" problems I have with my base model radio. Today I noticed that when I tuned into station 850AM while in a parking garage, every time I stepped on the brake a white noise drowned out the station. Without the brake the reception was fine. No similar experiences out there?
  • Options
    j1205:
        I have the Bose system and haven't noticed the whine or static while braking. I did notice the apparent short range reception on AM stations on a recent vacation trip. However, I spent much of that trip crossing Kansas where I didn't expect great reception. I haven't tried the adjustments that someone previously suggested related to this subject. Hope you get your problems resolved.

Oldsman01:
        I really laughed when I read your comment about the retirement home atmosphere in Cadillac showrooms. I've also seen some younger folks around the dealership since the CTS came on the scene. However, when I was at my dealer to pick up my CTS a couple of days ago, I felt like the kid in the service waiting room (and I'm 61). Everyone else in the waiting room had white or blue hair. I don't have that much hair left, but most of it is still brown. I remember thinking that the other folks must be getting their cars ready for their trip back to Florida.
        The showroom seemed modern, but the service waiting room really did have the retirement home atmosphere. Your comment reminded me that in the 3 or 4 times that I've been in that service waiting room, I've always been the youngest person there. Probably the only one with a CTS, too.
         Good luck on your CTS pursuit.
  • Options
    You must be having fun with that car.
    I was surprised by the heaviness of the steering.
    It is artificially heavy in my opinion as I have mentioned before.
    Much heavier than my IROC-Z.

The transmission is superb, isn't it?
    Did you try the sport mode?
  • Options
    I don't know what model you're going to end up with, but the sport version has variable assist steering. My car still has heacy steering at low speeds, but it may be better tham what you are experiencing. It's been nearly a year since I've driven a non-sport model so I'm not sure I remember that well on how the standard steering was like.
  • Options
    richw5richw5 Member Posts: 152
    My wife and I went to Home Depot in the CTS last night and I see what you mean about left leg room. I use both feet (left foot on the brake) when I drive so I never think about left leg room.

Our CTS has a build date of February 02 and has been almost perfect. The only problem we had was a misrouted cable near the gas filler. Our rear license plate surround doesn't leak, which surprises me, considering the number of owners that complain about that .

I put off an oil change a few weeks ago, so I'll schedule a trip to my dealer for early next week. The Cadillac owners in my dealers service waiting room is a bit younger than I expected (40's, 50's and 60's). I hope to test drive an '04 while I'm there.

My wife's solution to a crowded garage is a "yard shed" for the riding mower and garden tools. This will allow her son (my step-son) to use our garage for storing his carpentry tools. While he said that he would pay for a shed, I'm not holding my breath waiting for a check. Since he is the father of my grandson (my best buddy), a little guy who loves Nana's CTS, I can pop for the cost of a shed.

Rich
  • Options
    I have noticed in the past week on AM stations a lot of static when I touch the brakes. . The funny thing is that after I drive for a while it seems to get less perceptable.
         I start the car later in the day and it doesn't seem noticeable at all or it just becomes white noise on AM.
         I figured that it is a capacitor or similiar item that needs to get warmed up, or is getting weak, or is going to fail eventually. It was especially loud today when I started the car and put on talk radio on AM. It has nothing to do with distance since I listened to this station for almost a year with no noise.
         I'm going to see if it does this more when the humidity is high, which it is right now with T-storms the past three days. The weekend should be less humid and if it persists then a visit to the dealer.
  • Options
    You live in Florida. What is your definition of less humidity?
    Here in Chas. SC if is less than 80% we are very happy.
    LOL.
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,988
    How does the base sound system perform in comparison to the Bose that you have in your Intrigue? I, too have driven a CTS (thou not for 24 hrs) and found it to be a entertaining and an enjoyable car.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    I am waiting for less humidity, lower dewpoint.
         I live in PENNSYLVANIA! That's my defintion of lower humidity. LOL
  • Options
    Leg Room:
        Rich, thanks for the gracious admission that I was correct about the difference in the leg room in the CTS compared to the STS. I'm sorry that this discussion forced you to admit that you are a "left foot braker". I hope you can get treatment and recover. ;>) I'm envious of your "best buddy" relationship.

Sheds: Covenants = No Sheds :(

Humidity Discussion: Makes me even more happy that I live in Colorado. FL, PA, and SC are nice, but you can have the humidity (whether or not there is any relevance to car problems). :)

Radios/Sound Systems: I have the Bose system in my CTS (simply because it was in the car that I found that I liked.) Perhaps it is okay, but I wouldn't pay the ~ $1,200 for it if I had the choice to exclude it. My 99 Bravada and my wifes's 97 Honda Accord systems sound just as good to me as the Bose system in my CTS. If you don't have a tin ear and monotone voice as I do, the sound system upgrade might be worth the money to you.

Cheers!!
  • Options
    The serive department waiting room at my Olds dealer is pure retirement home city:) Remember, I'm 28 so when I'm in there, I'm usually the youngest by a good 30 years. The dealer is an Olds/GMC(they also now have Buick) dealership and occasionally there will be a 30 or 40 something who has their SUV in for service and will be waiting in there. I will say, some of those "older" customers are very easy to talk with and they are love their Oldsmobiles and Buicks. When the weather is nice, I typically stroll the lot or the showroom.

b4z, the CTS's transmission was a dream. You bet I tried the sport mode(and the winter mode). The sport mode was pretty neat. I could tell a difference in the shift points. Today after retunring the CTS, I pondered over what an Intrigue with it's 3.5 liter engine would have been like if it had a transmission like the CTS has.

sda, the Bose system in my Intrigue is clearly better. The CTS's base audio system was not bad, but when I cranked some 80s "hair band" CDs it lacked something. Bass response was pretty good, it seemed that the clarity was just not as good as with the Bose. Overall it was not a bad sounding system and I could esily live it, but between the Bose system in the Intrigue and the CTS's base system, the Bose system does sound better. But it was also an extra $500 option. One nice thing about the CTS's audio system is it has a midrange adjustment. Most car audio systems just have bass and treble. At 70 MPH on the freeway the CTS's cabin was also much quieter than the Intrigue's. There is no exhaust noise and very little road noise. What you hear is pretty much engine noise and the wind rushing by the windows. This is so much unlike the Intrigue where alot of noise seems to be road noise coming from the floorpan area.
  • Options
    I've lived in East TN nearly all my life so I am used to hot and humid summers. In fact, late July and August probably wouldn't seem right if it weren't hot and muggy. And since this is a CTS forum, I'll tie it in by saying the CTS's A/C had no problem dealing with it. Maybe it was since the car was a cooler color(cashmere versus my black Intrigue), but my Intrigue's A/C has never blown air as cold as the CTS did. I've always heard that Cadillacs have good A/C and I guess the CTS is just carrying that tradition on:)
  • Options
    Well, I'm in middle TN (Nashville) and I agree; there's nothing like July/August in this part of the country for heat & humidity. That being said, the CTS' climate control generally has most heat beat within a minute and the worse in 2 minutes. That's very nice in anyone's book.
  • Options
    tvdirectvdirec Member Posts: 22
      Had my '03 CTS in for it's second oil change (7075 miles). Had the tires rotated and fluid levels checked as well.
      Returning home I washed the car and noticed someone had hit me with their car door on my passenger side. Scratched paint off and left their color blue on my car. Boy, was I pi**ed. Can you buy touchup paint in the color of the car from the dealer? I've never tried to do that before.
      As for age...I'm 48 and in the dealer waiting room today were guys older than me. Haven't seen drivers in their late 20's/early 30's in my area.
      Also, anyone know of a really good wheel cleaner? After about 10 days my car has heavy brake dust on the front wheels.
      The car runs great and the Bose system is fantastic. XMSR rules too!
  • Options
    Does your CTS have the factory installed XM radio or aftermarket? I've had XM radio since November 2001 and love it. I've got an aftermarket system(Sony plug n play) in my Intrigue, but would like to have the factory system in my next car. I can't hardly imagine doing a road trip without XM. As for the chip in your paint, you should be able to get a tube of touch-up paint from the parts department.
  • Options
    tvdirectvdirec Member Posts: 22
    I have the same Sony plug n play you must have. I waited and waited last fall for Cadillac to offer XM factory installed and they kept putting it off. So, I decided to buy the car and put the radio in myself. My next car will have it factory installed as well. I'll give the parts department a call on Friday. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    To date, I haven't seen a CTS with an XM antenna so I really wonder if any 03s actually have it. Also, on the 03s, you had to get the Navigation system radio to get XM on a CTS. This seems to be corrected for 04 as XM is a stand alone option. And it doesn't even require one of the option packages to get it.
  • Options
    My wife recently had an accident in a parking deck where she inflicted what looked like a "bear scratch" on the left rear side of my car (about 6"x9"). There were also a couple of very small dents. My local Cadillac dealer's body shop charged me $600 for the whole thing and you really can't tell the difference. The cost of having a good place fix it professionally may not be as bad as you think. And it'll make a big difference in the resale value of the car.