Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Not starting

michiganitemichiganite Member Posts: 2
edited January 2014 in GMC
Very similar problem to a lot of people on here. I have a 2009 sierra slt 60,000 miles will start fine for weeks then all of a sudden nothing ... It will turn over for one second then nothing just clicking all lights and windows will work. But will fire up as soon as you hook up jumper cables to it without even letting it charge has been going on for a year now and the dealer has been no help.... Please help me ... Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655

@michiganite said:
    Very similar problem to a lot of people on here. I have a 2009 sierra slt 60,000 miles will start fine for weeks then all of a sudden nothing ... It will turn over for one second then nothing just clicking all lights and windows will work. But will fire up as soon as you hook up jumper cables to it without even letting it charge has been going on for a year now and the dealer has been no help.... Please help me ... Thanks

In general the clicking tends to be due to low power available to start. The intermitent nature in your description would make me wonder about a battery cable connection issue. Has there been any work done with battery/cables?

• Options
    michiganitemichiganite Member Posts: 2
    Nope.... I put a new battery in last year when I first had the problem and all connections are tight with no corrosion at the battery