Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Toyota Highlander Prices

otown_29otown_29 Member Posts: 7
edited December 2013 in Toyota

My wife and I test drove the other day and really liked the new model. The dealer won't budge off the sticker price so looks like we will wait till they are ready to negotiate. We ran into the same thing with our '04 4-Runner and I eventually got the price I wanted.

Anyone else having any luck price wise?

Comments

• Options
    ckkckk Member Posts: 5

Most are at MSRP others are $500 off. One dealer was $2000 off and another was 7.5% under sticker. It seems as they have received these early and don't know what to do. Since they are still selling 2013's cheap I am guessing they will wait until inventory is down a bit. I would think by the end of January the places that deal will start doing so.

• Options
    unkleunkle Member Posts: 1

Saved over $ 1600 from sticker for 2014 from the very same dealer who two nights before said highlander 2014 was too new to discount ANY from sticker. Left discouraged and decided to wait a few months after a second dealer also refused to budge from sticker. I then tried truecar.com for no haggle savings. No risk to try right? I think if local dealers sign on, they must honor the truecar.com price. All three dealers who received "savings certificates" all said they would/ (I think must?) honor it. Beautiful for the hot new car situation like this. Very happy. If AAA member, tell truecar.com b/c another $100 off! Cheers. We love the car so far after test drive and first 100 miles :) Love the $1600+ in savings too!

• Options
    sahil908sahil908 Member Posts: 60

@unkle said:
    Saved over $ 1600 from sticker for 2014 from the very same dealer who two nights before said highlander 2014 was too new to discount ANY from sticker. Left discouraged and decided to wait a few months after a second dealer also refused to budge from sticker. I then tried truecar.com for no haggle savings. No risk to try right? I think if local dealers sign on, they must honor the truecar.com price. All three dealers who received "savings certificates" all said they would/ (I think must?) honor it. Beautiful for the hot new car situation like this. Very happy. If AAA member, tell truecar.com b/c another $100 off! Cheers. We love the car so far after test drive and first 100 miles :) Love the $1600+ in savings too!

Congrats!

• Options
    lilriceleelilricelee Member Posts: 19

That is nothing $1600 my brother got a quote for $31500 +fees for a LE plus -2500 dollar discount from a dealer in socal

• Options
    otown_29otown_29 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2014

We ended up getting a limited $2,000 off sticker. Caught them late evening... they were tired and didn't even haggle. Now I think I could have received even more!

• Options

you could have gotten at least $3000 off sticker

• Options
    fred25fred25 Member Posts: 92

Lilricelee,

I am sorry but I cannot agree with you because:

1. This is a brand new model design plus each dealer has a limited number of vehicles so getting 3000 off will not happen for a while.
    2. Dealers are getting rid of the 2013 models first, therefore, they are making deals to move these vehicles out first to make room for the 2014
  • Options

My friend got $2986 off MSRP, so yes it is possible, you just have to push for it, i know a place in Socal who will do these kind of numbers, they dont care if its a brand new car, just like when the 2013 RAV4 came out my bother in law went to go buy it $1000 back of invoice! If you go to a small dealership no they wont give you , but if you go to the place i know you will for sure get a good deal

• Options
    fred25fred25 Member Posts: 92

lilricelee,
    If this is what you got then Great, but right now in the New York City Area its not happening.
    It will be interesting to see how the Highlander will fare when the new resigned Honda Pilot is introduced in February or March of this year.