Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
edited January 2014 in Mazda
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Mazda3 purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Mazda3, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit our 2014 Mazda3 Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Mazda3 page.

To see all forums discussions about the Mazda3, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Mazda3 discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• Options
    snakeeyesma81snakeeyesma81 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I've been offered a 2014 mazda 3 grand touring for invoice of 23,851 before taxes and such. Is it me or is it kinda high? And how should i bring him down?
  • Options
    barbie8barbie8 Member Posts: 4
    I tried to buy Mazda 2014 in little rock, it was a horrible experience with the salesman. They only had a 2000 incentive on 2013. You will probably have to wait several months for any incentives. It's always a numbers game, as they have to make a lot of money on sales to pay for all the employees at dealerships. We ended up getting a 2014 Nissan Altima with 5000 in discounts offered. I do not like car salesman , you might as well be dealing with the manager directly who makes all the decisions.
  • Options
    barbie8barbie8 Member Posts: 4
    One more option is going to other dealerships in your state. I live in Arkansas and save some money buying a Subaru several years ago in Missouri. The salesman was hungry to make a sale and even delivered on a trailer for 150.00. That would not happen today !
    Good luck!
  • Options
    2beinformed2beinformed Member Posts: 15

Hi, I'm looking to buy the 2014 I Touring HB + Technology Package in Soul Red and I was quoted $23,139+TL. Is this a good price? Are the 2013 models still available for purchase? Any suggestion is appreciated

• Options
    webaggiewebaggie Member Posts: 5

1/07/14 Purchased 2014 Mazda 3i Grand Touring Soul Red - Houston, Texas area.
    MSRP: $24,890
    Price: $23,428
    Sales Tax: $1,464.25
    Other Fees: $225.56
    OTD: $25,117.81

So, basically $1,462 off MSRP. No financing, no incentives, paid cash.
    Didn't really do much haggling. Two other dealerships' initial offers weren't even close, so I didn't have the desire or time to negotiate. May not be rock bottom price, but I was pleased with the deal and thought it was fair. Hope this helps someone.

• Options
    bigwalleyebigwalleye Member Posts: 7

I've got a quote for a Mazda3 i Grand Touring in standard paint w/manual trans - including -$750 in owner loyalty (1999 Miata in my garage) and -$250 local auto show incentive for a total of -$1000 total incentives for $21,942 before dealer fee, tax, license. This quote does include destination fee. Also, the Mazda3 i Touring w manual trans and above incentives $18,915.

Deal/No Deal? Is the Grand Touring worth 3,000 more than the Touring?

• Options

crickets...with $750 owner loyalty incentives I've got a Mazda3 I Touring 5door HB, normal paint, manual trans, for about $18,400 before tax/title/license. Has anyone purchased one recently?

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558

that a base touring, no packages? so MSRP ~20,900? even factoring in the incentive, that is still a $1,750 discount which is pretty strong on that model. When I was looking with my son, we were targeting trying to get a GT AT (24,500 sticker) for 23K (no loyalty discount sadly).

You got a lot of car for the money. The GT had some stuff standard that we wanted on the touring (moonroof, nav/stereo, etc.) but it was a toss up over a loaded touring and a GT, where the difference was ~$700 for basically heated power leatherette seats. Me? I consider the full power seat a must have.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options

yes, base I Touring, hatchback, no extra packages, with manual trans, looking at about 18,400 plus dealer profit of 250 then taxes and title/license. so $18,650 plus the local/state stuff.

Forums say these cars aren't selling as well as Mazda hoped they'd be at this point. Maybe cause they do so little advertising? the long harsh winter here in the Midwest sure didn't help either.

• Options
    maverickctmaverickct Member Posts: 3

@webaggie‌ where in Houston did you buy your car? Thanks

@webaggie said:
    1/07/14 Purchased 2014 Mazda 3i Grand Touring Soul Red - Houston, Texas area.
    MSRP: $24,890
    Price: $23,428
    Sales Tax: $1,464.25
    Other Fees: $225.56
    OTD: $25,117.81

So, basically $1,462 off MSRP. No financing, no incentives, paid cash.
    Didn't really do much haggling. Two other dealerships' initial offers weren't even close, so I didn't have the desire or time to negotiate. May not be rock bottom price, but I was pleased with the deal and thought it was fair. Hope this helps someone.

• Options

2014 Mazda3 iTouring 5dr HB, Manual Trans, in Blue Reflex Mica from a Motor Trend dealer in Ohio, app $18,500 before tax/title/license, about $20,150 OTD including $250 dealer doc fees and $1360 local taxes and $33.50 for title/license. Purchased 3/31/2014 with $1000 Mazda owner (1999 Miata) loyalty credit.

• Options
    maverickctmaverickct Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014

Just signed mine MSRP 30340 Sale price 27500. OTD 29400 Including 14000 Trade-in and 14700 payoff 913 taxes 281 fees. S GT with Tech and back up sensors.

• Options
    shouravvshouravv Member Posts: 11

Bought my Mazda 3 S Touring Sedan with radar-cruise, navigation, soul red paint, spoiler, wheel-lock, cargo-net etc. last Friday from Germain Mazda of Columbus, OH for $25,000 OTD.

Traded in $10,000 (Carmax offered $9,000), paid down another $2,500 with zero APR credit card, and took $12,500 loan at 2.9% for 72 months, monthly pay $189.40.

MSRP listed as $25,795, Edmunds TMV is $25,090 and invoice $24,657.

• Options
    vlapintavlapinta Member Posts: 23

Is 23,300 a good price for a Mazda3 STouring in white (+200) I am in NJ and that is w doc fees?

• Options
    thromerthromer Member Posts: 3

Paid 25500 for s GT hatchback, automatic (with minor options, see below), so 854 under voice. Plus 150 doc fee + tax title license in Seattle = 28362 OTD.

• MSRP: $26495
    • Destination Fee: $795
    • REAR BUMPER GUARD $100
    • SCUFF PLATES/DOOR SILL TRIM PLATES $125
    • WHEEL LOCKS $55
    • Total MSRP: $27570
    • Invoice: $26354

I also had a firm bid for an i GT hatchback with no options for 22888 -- 1140 under invoice -- but then realized I really wanted leather, not leatherette.

• Options
    larry987larry987 Member Posts: 1
    New 2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback, soul red with only wheel locks as an option, no tech package. Price paid counting everything except tax, title, registration, and state inspection: $25,811 ($27,406 OTD).

My experience buying at Quirk Mazda in Quincy, MA was quite good, and I would recommend them. I did online research to determine what a reasonable price would be for the car I wanted (Edmunds.com, truecar.com, and reading the ‘prices paid and buying experience’ threads on a few Mazda discussion forums helped a lot), then used Yelp, Google reviews, and Dealerrater.com and recommendations from friends to identify a few local dealers which seemed well-rated by consumers. I emailed six nearby dealers describing the car I wanted and requesting a quote, and three dealers who had the car or could get it responded. Quirk’s quote (from internet sales manager Mo Desai) was the lowest and was described as ‘no haggle’ (i.e. not subject to further negotiation, fair enough). I emailed them and said I wanted to buy it and they agreed to hold the car for me for a half-day, and I went in and purchased. I got my trade-in appraised by Carmax and one other dealer first, so I knew that although NADA, KBB, and Autotrader said my trade-in ‘should’ be worth somewhat more, the offer Quirk made for it after the on-site appraisal was not unreasonable and the convenience of trading it in for the new car and the sales tax break made it undesirable to spend a lot of time trying to get a few dollars more for the trade-in from another source. I might have left a few dollars on the table at some point in the whole buying process, but it would not have been worth the time and hassle and in the end I think I did OK: about $600 I think below invoice. Everyone I met at Quirk was pleasant and professional. My sales consultant, Eddie Lapanus, was particularly knowledgeable and friendly and gave me a lot of advice and answered all of my questions. The whole process was lengthy (I was at the dealership for about four hours), but was as straightforward as it could have been and Quirk did everything that I expected.
  • Options
    hammmyhammmy Member Posts: 1
    2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback, Soul red with black interior, door sill trim, all-weather mats, and cargo tray for $24,792 before TTL. This was the last red/black 2014 within 250 miles of me although there are maybe a dozen sGTs still left in inventory. My guess is there's a $1,000-$2,000 dealer incentive on the 2014 model now as I was quoted my sale price without haggling. The local dealers were talking $26k and up for the same 2015.

I can recommend Stephanie Tichenor and Justin Jeffers at Herzog-Meier Mazda in Beaverton, OR.