Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 BMW X3 xDrive28d Returns 34 MPG on the Highway | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in BMW
image2015 BMW X3 xDrive28d Returns 34 MPG on the Highway | Edmunds.com

The new 2015 BMW X3 xDrive28d turbodiesel crossover returns 27 mpg in city driving and 34 mpg on the highway, surpassing two of its main rivals, the 2014 Audi Q5 turbodiesel model and the 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK250 Bluetec.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363

What's the point in comparing the price of diesel to regular gasoline, when no Audi, BMW, or M-B will run on regular? They all require premium, which is more expensive than diesel everywhere we went on a recent trip on the West Coast in our Mercedes GLK 250 diesel [we averaged 35 mpg, by the way].

• Options
    cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381

Doesn't look look like an apples to apples comparison.

• Options
    ttadychttadych Member Posts: 4
    Why purchase the higher octane fuels anyway ? These cars that presumably all require premium fuel run just fine on regular. I personally have a 2010 Range Rover Sport that has never seen premium fuel, and performance is excellent.
  • Options
    barryhuberbarryhuber Member Posts: 14
    ttadych said:

Why purchase the higher octane fuels anyway ? These cars that presumably all require premium fuel run just fine on regular. I personally have a 2010 Range Rover Sport that has never seen premium fuel, and performance is excellent.

Gotta toast the guy who buys a 40k+ vehicle but is so cheap he puts in gas that retards the engine's power. You sure beat the system. Good on you for saving $10-20 cents a gallon. I hear if you never drive it but people see you stand near it you can get the Range Rover aura to rub off and spend even less on gas money. Winner!