Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience.

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited July 2014 in Mazda
Welcome to the Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Mazda CX-9 purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 CX-9, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit the 2014 Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Mazda CX-9 page.

If you have already purchased, we invite you to review your vehicle by starting on the following page: http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/consumer-ratings-reviews.html

Comments

• Options
    czrczr Member Posts: 7

Anybody have any recent luck buying under invoice before incentive? There seems to be a lot of dealers my area with what I'm looking for GT with Tech Package and I think I'm ready to go in. I feel like I should wait for the 2015s to come along to better negotiate a 2014 model and I don't think there is going to be a redesign until 2016. I wouldn't mind paying $31k for a GT even if a new model came out in 2016.

• Options

TMV for a Michigan zip code is about $400 above invoice, and since TMV is an "average" price, someone must be getting below invoice. There's also a lot of hood money available - $3,500 for my area, and that definitely brings the price below invoice.

Click through my link and see what you get with your zip. I selected the AWD GT btw.

Oh, supposedly a redesign is due for mid 2014 (any day now, in other words). "Supposedly", because that list is just a best estimate and estimates change.

• Options
    igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801

A buddy of mine in the San Francisco area bought a 2014 CX-9 GT (w/o Tech) last Friday for $29,753 + tax/tag/title. The only options were the $200 Premium Paint Charge (Crystal White Pearl) and Roof Rack. It had a sticker price of $36,365 and the invoice price was $34,399. So he got it for about $4,650 under Invoice.

The 2014 CX-9 GT with Tech Package stickers for $38,400 and the invoice is $36,157. Edmunds TMV shows the price as $32,396 ($35,896 minus $3,500 Customer Cash ‘Rebate’). I checked on Cars.com for the best advertised deals on a new CX-9 w/ Tech Pkg within 500 miles of Atlanta (my location). It looks like the going price is in the $31,800-$32,300 range for most GTs w/ Tech. The GT w/o the Tech Pkg can be had for under $29,500.

The Tech Pkg adds Navigation, Moonroof, 10-spkr Bose audio & SiriusXM. Just FYI, on models w/o the Tech Pkg, Navigation can be added for under $500 and SiriusXM for about $330 (Mazda Accessories). The Navigation upgrade is a very simple to install (plug-and-play) and it is the factory-installed system. But if you want the Bose audio and/or Moonroof, the Tech Pkg is the only way to get them.

Mazda referred to the 2013 model as a redesign, but it was actually just a cosmetic update or ‘refresh’. The front and rear-end designs were changed and some minor interior updates. The next-generation CX-9 actually won’t show up until at least the 2016 model year. Mazda engineers are still developing a turbocharged version of the 2.5L Skyactiv 4-cylinder to put under the hood. So the 2015 model will be a carryover of the 2014.

The 2014 CX-9 was released on September 16, 2013, so the 2015 model will probably show up mid-late September. Once the 2015 hits the lot, you may be able to buy a 2014 for $500-$1000 less than you can now. But the selection will be smaller then, so if you have a certain color combo in mind, you may want to make your move sooner.

I have a 2012 CX-9 GT that I purchased in November 2012, shortly after the revised 2013 model was released. I got an incredible deal (sticker price of $38,385 and I paid $29,207 plus sales tax) but that included $1000 Owner Loyalty Cash because I had a 2006 Mazda3 at the time. In order to get what I wanted (FWD, no NAV but with the Moonroof/Bose Pkg), I had to take an exterior color that I wasn’t crazy about (Crystal White Pearl, but it has grown on me). But I still wish it was Silver with Black interior instead. So don’t wait TOO long for a better deal…
    Regardless of when you buy or what you pay, you will be getting a fantastic vehicle! I have never enjoyed driving a car/SUV as much as I do my CX-9 and I love it more after 30k miles than I did when it new. The handling is amazing and I forget that I’m driving a 3-row Crossover instead of my old Mazda3! The acceleration is also impressive (especially on the lighter FWD models). When I floor it to pass or merge, I still smile as it pushes me back into the seat a little and takes off. =)

2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • Options

Nice deal!

• Options
    cx9dancx9dan Member Posts: 3

Strongly urge you not to purchase CX-9. We purchased one in 2008 -- have had difficulties with car known to Mazda, but not covered. For example, our air conditioner recently filled with water and died -- turns out, water was coming in thru the air vents -- in 2008 this problem was known to mazda (bulletins published by mechanics) but they chose not to disclose nor cover the problem. Even now! This is not a company that stands by their product, especially the CX-9 --> there are other good SUV's with the same features, better reliability and better companies behind them.

• Options
    mrnadirmrnadir Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2014

@cx9dan said:
    Strongly urge you not to purchase CX-9. We purchased one in 2008 -- have had difficulties with car known to Mazda, but not covered. For example, our air conditioner recently filled with water and died -- turns out, water was coming in thru the air vents -- in 2008 this problem was known to mazda (bulletins published by mechanics) but they chose not to disclose nor cover the problem. Even now! This is not a company that stands by their product, especially the CX-9 --> there are other good SUV's with the same features, better reliability and better companies behind them.

I had this issue recently. The water does not come in through the vents. It actually happens because the drain pipe gets blocked and on a humid day, the water accumulates until the level reaches the fan blades at which time you start hearing swishing noise. I unclogged the drain from under the car using a wet vacuum the very next day. I guess that's why my AC still works. The worst that would happen is that the blower motor would die since the water was leaking on the carpet through the blower motor cover. Yes its a common issue and you can easily google this issue to find many search results. But having owned Toyotas and Hondas in the past, I can tell you that Honda's brakes/rotors are junk and the web is filled with reports. Yet Honda does not acknowledge this and continues to sell their cars on hype. Toyota has similar share of issues. After owning various new cars, I have come to the conclusion that cars don't last very long and buy the cheapest and nicest looking ones. Never buying a Honda again for sure as their dealer once told me "This is not a BMW, so brakes are not going to be that great".