Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Stereo Has Some Cool Tricks Up Its Sleeve - 2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2014 in Volkswagen
imageStereo Has Some Cool Tricks Up Its Sleeve - 2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

The 2014 Passat stereo has some nice features that make long boring drives less terrible.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    iamthestigiamthestig Member Posts: 85

My 2013 Passat just hit 15,000 miles and I love it. Solid, worry-free, and it eats up the highway miles. All-in-all, it's a great family car.

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863

Great to hear that its a great car. It's manufactured about 15 miles from where I live in a state of the art eco-friendly plant. Go USA.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

I'm visiting family right now about 5 miles from the VW factory. Been seeing lots of VWs between here and the drive down from Knoxville.

• Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893

" I was concerned I'd lose juice during the trip, which is a huge no-no for me." There is something about this statement (in all its forms) that makes me shake my head. The world will not end if you are out of touch. Sure, if you have family in poor health or whatever then being in touch is more important, but unless you are and EMT or LEO in your daily life, then I don't see it.

• Options
    mattjonesmattjones Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2014

@agentorange -- I understand where you're coming from. It seems like people always feel they need to be connected! But when I said I hate to be out of power, it's not because I'm afraid of losing touch. I just hate the idea of having an accident, emergency, etc, and not being able to call for help.

• Options
    stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098

@agentorange said:
    " I was concerned I'd lose juice during the trip, which is a huge no-no for me." There is something about this statement (in all its forms) that makes me shake my head. The world will not end if you are out of touch. Sure, if you have family in poor health or whatever then being in touch is more important, but unless you are and EMT or LEO in your daily life, then I don't see it.

Not to mention the fact that there are 12 volt plugs in the car, which can be used to power the phone.

• Options
    fretless1962fretless1962 Member Posts: 2

Yes, it lacks USB port but this could be overcome in at least two ways - my cell phone is able to mount/support USB flash drive and stream the music trough Bluetooth from phone player to the car stereo. You can fully control what's playing through the buttons on steering wheel. Other option is to buy an inexpensive car MP3 player with FM transmitter. Plug in the car lighter socket and it connects itself to car stereo via chosen FM frequency. These players usually support USB flash drive and SD memory card.