Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Putting the Step Bars Back On - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Ram
imagePutting the Step Bars Back On - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

We removed the step bars on our long-term 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel a long time ago, but now that it's for sale, it's time to reinstall.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    It's funny how tastes change. So now, the running boards make the truck look "old" to you. But I remember back in the 90s, EVERYONE wanted running boards on their truck because it made them look sporty. That was also when one of the first things people would do was slap a brush guard on the front end (typcially the "euro" style) whether they ever left the big city or not. Now, you don't see it as often. Also, I've noticed styling is getting more and more subdued as time goes on. I actually like Chrome on my vehicles, factory chrome, not the cheap knock-off chrome you buy at Autozone. But now, people pay extra for flat paint, carbon fiber, and other subdued looking finishes. They say everything comes full circle. So I'm waiting for tailfins and bright chrome to hurry up and make a comeback.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    My friend's RAM Ecodiesel got traded for a Tundra after 15 months because it was so unreliable. 8 dealer trips (including one by flatbed), numerous part replacements in the fuel and exhaust systems, ECU reflash, part shortages, and dealer incompetence made his Ecodiesel ownership experience a dud. It did have good fuel economy, though, and it rode well.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Tailfins? That would be the Mirai. :)
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    edited February 2016
    @stever : The Mirai doesn't have tailfins so much as weird fender flares. I mean TAILFINS, like a '59 Cadillac, old DeSoto, or old Plymouth, etc.

@gslippy : I wasn't going to comment on the Edmunds' Ram's issues, since I've already got reputation for "hating" on Chrysler products. But you sort of alluded to it when you were talking about your friend's Ram. My company has had two Ramp pickups, a Ram 2500 CrewCab SLT Laramie Lonestar & a Ram 3500 CrewCab Tradesman Chassis Cab. So far,both of them have had multiple recalls & one of them (the Laramie) has had multiple service trips for drivetrain issues and quality issues. They look nice, but just haven't been very dependable. As much as I like my Ford F-150 (a 2013), if I were getting a truck right now, I'd have to go with a Chevrolet, I think.
  • Options
    thepuffthepuff Member Posts: 87
    Funny, my friend traded his Tundra in for a Ford 150 due to the sam unreliability issues as the Ram mentioned above.