Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Can someone list all of the electrical grounds for a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee SE 4.0 6 cylinder?

jeeph3rbjeeph3rb Member Posts: 3
edited December 2016 in Jeep
I replaced the alternator and battery a month ago. Jeep was starting fine but today I went to start it and it wouldn't start. I can hear the starter solenoid clicking when I turn the key. I got a jumpstart and it started with no hesitation. When I got home I changed the oil and went to start it after being off for only 20 min and solenoid clicks but no start. I figure it's either a bad ground or the starter. I'm starting by cleaning the grounds and hopefully that solves the problem. I just need a list of all the grounds. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    Dash says alternator is putting out 14-15 which is good.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try bbbind.com for free wiring diagrams.
  • Options
    A mechanic friend of mine looked at it and he says it sounds like the starter is struggling to turn over the motor with a fresh oil change in it. It's the original starter. He recommends a new starter so that's what I'm gonna do. I'll update this thread when that is done to tell if it worked or not.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Gets kind of expensive throwing parts at a problem. Likely cheaper in the long run just to have it diagnosed.