Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Acura RDX Rumors

mjdvmjdv Member Posts: 14
edited April 2014 in Acura
What changes will there be for the 2009 Acura RDX? Will it have a diesel I-DTEC Engine? When will it come out?

Comments

• rainbow11rainbow11 Member Posts: 10
    Yesterday, I put the same Q to a dealer in the NYC area. Said he "didn't know." I don't believe him. They are trying to clear out the 2008 inventory. The nearby Honda dealer "suggested" that the 2009 CR-V will have a new diesel. Since the RDX is basically a CR-V, it is reasonable that the RDX may have a new diesel.
  • rainbow11rainbow11 Member Posts: 10
    I am also trying to determine whether the 2009 will have a full power seat for the front passenger. Help here would be appreciated.
  • mjdvmjdv Member Posts: 14
    I definitely agree that they are trying to clear out inventory since they let us know early on that both the TL and RDX are going for below inventory prices without us really asking about it. TL is being completely redesigned for 2009 so that makes sense. For me the question is are they trying to clear out the RDX because the 2009s are coming out or because it's the 2009 "Diesel" engine coming out and is it worth the wait?
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    Expect few if any changes for 09. 2010 will bring the RDX it's facelift/MMC so expect changes for the 2010 model. Diesel could come but they could maybe wait until 2010. Hope this helps.
  • jenn16jenn16 Member Posts: 2
    According to the sales training book for the 2009 RDX, the only change is a 4 way power seat for the passenger. Anyone have any ideas on when they are going to be available....dealers are saying not until late 2008, but I dont believe it
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    But wouldn't it be really nice if the engineers wised up and adapted the I4 to a new form of the Miller cycle...??

13:1 cylinder compression ratio, 10:1 "net" using delayed intake valve closing, when "OFF-BOOST". And then with climbing boost pressure the engine gradually transitions into lower "cylinder" compression ratio reaching the current 8:1 only at FULL Boost.

Absolutly STELLAR FE in cruise, off-boost, and POWER with widening, WIDER, throttle opening.

Much better than cruising along (95% of the time??) with a derated engine, POOR FE, using low 8:1 compression.
  • jenn16jenn16 Member Posts: 2
    I spoke to a dealer yesterday who told me the 2009 RDX would be available in August. This was according to an email he had recieved from Acura
  • mrgoodymrgoody Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a 2009 model, my friend has a 2008 model- I cannot see any changes. Not sure if they have made any minor adjustments to gear or suspension ratio. As far as I am concerned it drives and looks the same as my friends truck.
  • maxleavittmaxleavitt Member Posts: 10
    I bought an 08 in September and was told that the change for 09 was that the passenger seat adjustments were no longer manual
This discussion has been closed.