Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35/M45 Exhaust System

socalm35socalm35 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in INFINITI
My new M35 has crooked quad exhaust tips. One is lower that the other on each side. The passenger side is worse than the driver side. Other cars that I have looked at are perfectly level. The dealer says that it cannot be fixed. He ordered a new muffler for the passenger side but said that it could be just as bad, it is just "the luck of the draw". I thought that the exhaust system hangers could be bent or adjusted somehow. Is there anyone that knows how to fix this type of problem?

Comments

• walt18walt18 Member Posts: 54
    My guess would be to just get some aftermarket stainless steel ones and put on in place of the stock ones it gives it a better look and sound change maybe. God bless.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    The service manager at your dealership should go service yugo's. Your car should be exactly like the other cars in the lot. If he doesn't know how to fix it contact the owner of the dealership. Then insist that they get the infiniti rep in to look at the problem. Luck of the draw is just an absurd answer. Get him to put that in writing....he will be gone in 10 days.
  • mltsurgermltsurger Member Posts: 102
    The pipes are aligned at the factory.Look at 99.9 % of the M's.The luck of the draw probably has to deal with your dealership,not the car.I would bet someone while transporting ,loading or working on the car did something.They should fix it.Infiniti is known for its straight lines ,not lack of.
This discussion has been closed.