Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you received a recall notice for your car, but decided that you're not going to take it in to get it fixed? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you about it. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, September 26, 2018 telling us why you decided not to get the repair, and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

brake lights NOT working

pmb7pmb7 Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in GMC
1995 GMC surburban 1500 2wd.

brake lights are not working at all. ( a new thing)

head, tail, back-up, turn signals, emerg flashers all working fine.
any fixes / responses appreciated. thank you,pb

Comments

• kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    check your brake light switch, down underneath on the brake pedal mechanism
  • pmb7pmb7 Posts: 3
    kiawah,
    thank you for the response. I have looked down around the petal, and I dont have a clue what is what down there.
    Can you walk me through it.....???
    thanks,pb
    You usually have to lay on your back on the floor, with your head by the brake pedal, looking up with a flashlight. If you look at the linkage while you move the brake in and out, you will see a switch mounted on the linkage.
  • pmb7pmb7 Posts: 3
    thanks, I'll give it a shot.......
    might have to film it.....put it on u-tube........
    fat man turns into pretzel in surburban.........lol
  • honeybee5honeybee5 Posts: 1
    I have a 1992 Ford Explorer. Have checked bulbs and fuses. Still no brake lights. what next
    see #4
This discussion has been closed.