Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Timing for purchasing Sienna/Incentives still this MY?

tmarchtmarch Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I am planning on buying a Sienna XLE and am trying to decide if I should wait for the '09's or buy now. Toyota just ended a $1500 rebate on 6/2. Do you think they might bring that rebate back before the new year is released?

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I would expect that, very likely.

Minivan sales are down, there's no way the incentives are going to disappear.
  • Options
    yatesjoyatesjo Member Posts: 186
    The longer you push the '08s the better the deal you will get on one... just the selection may go down. The minivan market was softening even before the gas prices started rocketing so the dealers are glad to move one and will give really good discounts if you push them on it. I'm still negotiating but I've got offers at $900 below invoice-- it is a buyer's market and don't let them fool you otherwise.

I don't know what area you are in but here (SF bay area) the Toyota incentives starting on 6/3 are a lot better than on 6/2. The rebate is the same ($2000) as June, but they extended the 0% financing out to 60 months.
  • Options
    honshuhonshu Member Posts: 11
    Well it depends, try to get it at the end of the quarter. I got mine very cheap, At the end of each quarter have they have to bring new vehicals in, and get the old ones out. So more incentives, and better time to negotiate. In addition go to the dealers that have small lots, because they have pressure to get clear their cars faster. For me I could of purchased a 2008 Sienna CE brand new with taxes and everything for $36,000. But got it for $23,000. Thier MRSP was at $29,000. It helps to do a little research as well, two things you have to find out, what is the margin of profit for the van and go to more than one dealer. And as a bonus tip since most of us have cell phones with camera's when the dealer is not looking take a picture of his working quote and bring it as evidence to another dealer to show them you can get better pricing if you went back to that dealer.
  • Options
    davelncadavelnca Member Posts: 10
    Hey vatesjo, can you tell me what model and dealer you got the $900 under invoice offer? I'm in the market for XLE with pkg 1 in the Bay area. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.