Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1992-1997 engine swap

dragonman2dragonman2 Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet
Is it possible to transplant the 2.2 engine from a Corsica into a 1997 Cavalier.Is it a direct fit or what modifications do I need to make? What about the computers ? Which one do I use? Thank you for your help in this matter.

Comments

• gonogogonogo Posts: 879
    Waste of time, 92 is OBD1 and 97 is OBD2.
    96 or 97 will go, 98 would be different.
  • I HAVE A Z24 CAVALIER 1997 WITH A 2.4 MOTOR AND 5 SPEED WHAT YEAR WILL FIT AND CAN I PUT A 2.2 MOTOR SWAP OUT OF A 1997 CAVALIER
  • hey guys this is my first post here hopefully someone smarter than me can answer my question

i currently have a 2000 cavalier ls, auto 2.2 pice of crap well i traded it for a

1997 z24 cavalier 2.4*blown engine* 5speed tranny. so i need a new engine, i dont want to put a 2.4 twin cam engine i there again i want to swap wth a upgraded engine

here is my question

what engine should i put in a z24 cavalier that will keep up with todays engines. also going to put a turbo on boostin 8psi daily 15 race day.

any help would be great
    thanks
This discussion has been closed.