Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Front door panels

kudakuda Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet
How easy is it to remove the front door panels in a 05 Malibu Classic? Can't seem to find a manual at any of the auto parts stores. I want to replace the front speakers with aftermarket ones. Keeping the stock stereo for now as I have my ipod hooked up via FM transmitter in a cradle that is in the acc plug. I have already installed a pair of 10" subs in a box, amp and crossover in the trunk. So running wiring for that was easy. Just clueless on the front door panels.

Comments

• kudakuda Posts: 2
    nvm I got it off w/o breaking anything lol .. just 3 screws and rest were plastic post things.... first veiw of the inside of newer vehicle doors... remember when they just used plastic sheeting? Front speaker turned out to be a mini 6x9 .. 3x6? Put a pair of Sony 5" 4 ways in there. :P
  • The front exhaust manifold on my 2008 v6 Malibu Classic makes very pronounced popping noises while it cools down after turning off the engine. I confirmed the location by holding a screw driver on the pipe near the manifold, and waited for the pop. This is much louder than typical thermal tinking associated with normal exhaust systems. I know the noise is just an audible confirmation of the energy being released when 2 faying surfaces are fretting. Am wondering if something may be loose, or is it a design flaw related to the combination of the aluminum block and the v6 manifold and piping. Anyone else experience this?
This discussion has been closed.