Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Mazda CX-9 Wash and Wax

clairebclaireb Posts: 12
edited September 2014 in Mazda
Hi All,

I was wondering what waxes; steps etc you are taking to preserve your paint on your CX-9?

Could you post any problems/successes you are having?

I really want to take care of my paintwork, but I do not want to spend an absolute fortune on it either.

Thanks for any advice,

Claire

Comments

• cericceric Posts: 1,092
    For me, I wax my vehicles (including CX9) once a year and wash them every other weekend if possible (manually). I seldom put my vehicles through machine wash unless it is the jet-type. Traditional cloth wash put swirl marks on your paint surface (very obvious for dark color vehicles). If you want to do more, you may consider "clear bra", which is a set of thin 3M films you put on the front (bumper, fender, hood, etc.) end panels. It is nearly invisible and it protects chipping from road debris. I have not used them yet. You will find lots of them on eBay.
  • abpelch1abpelch1 Posts: 48
    Just bought my CX-9 new last week, but have been using Zaino on my Accord for the last 4 years. Will probably use on the CX-9, too. It's more expensive & you have to order online, but it is 10x easier than carnauba wax to apply & remove, plus the results are great.
  • I have 3M's Paint Protective Film on my hood and fenders, side-view mirrors, headlights and foglights, and door edges. Elsewhere, I use Griot's products (http://www.griotsgarage.com), specifically the Paint Sealant when the car was new, followed by the Best of Show wax quarterly. I'm kind of nutty about this stuff, though. ;)
  • 99zoomr99zoomr Posts: 55
    I've been using Meguiar's Tech Wax. Goes on easy, buffs off easy, and seems to hold up pretty well. I usually hand wash my cars every few weeks and wax them twice a year...
  • I have a guy that does my cars for years once a month and waxes every other month; I have NOT seen any problem with this even on my high end stuff...dogdoc
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    This has long been my favorite post on the subject of waxing:

Mr_Shiftright, "Teflon Paint Sealants Revisited" #7, 10 Jul 2003 10:33 am

Doubt that simple waxing is going to hurt the paint unless your guy is claying and polishing every time too.
This discussion has been closed.