Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Titan Climate Control Questions

jumper11jumper11 Member Posts: 5
edited May 2014 in Nissan
2008 Nisson Titan. After 2 hours of highway driving the fan goes full speed with the temp selector not full cold any movement of the fan speed does nothing. Shut the truck off for a minite and all works fine. Or, the fan speed work fine but the air vents don't blow air out. You can hear the fan blowing but no air flow. It's like it's froze up. Turn the truck off for about 1/2 hour and it works fine. Any help!

Comments

• Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    If this happens on a consistent basis it sounds like it may be a bad ground causing the intermittent problems. Being a 2008 taking it in to the dealer won't cost anything as long as you can reproduce the problems.
  • Options
    jumper11jumper11 Member Posts: 5
    That's the problem, traveling around on a day to day basis shows no problems. It happen three times, all after two hours of constant highway driving. I'm going to take it to the dealer but was wondering if anyone has experienced this with their truck. Thanks.
  • Options
    rdsxfrkrdsxfrk Member Posts: 1
    I have had the same intermittant issues with the ac on my '08 too. It was in the dealership for 6 days before they figured it out (3rd visit for same issue) I am told that the blower resistor is overheating. They are replacing the existing 3 fan resistor with a 5 fan resistor to keep it from overheating. The dealer said they have had quite a few '08's with the same issue. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    maks1maks1 Member Posts: 1
    My air flow control nub is not working anymore, its got stock on high and does not respond if I turn it. As soon as I turn it on, it starts blowing at full speed. Does not matter ac or heat. Anybody know whats wrong with it? And how much am I looking to spend to fix it? Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.