-July 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Sterring Wheel Loose?

boston08boston08 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Oldsmobile
Hello I have a 1995 Oldsmobile Aruora That i just bought in April, Now the sterring wheel is loose it moves up and down and you can feel some play in it while driving! So i was wondering if anyone has ever heard of such a thing like this? At first it didn't pass state inspection because of the play the wheel had in it,,So the place i bought it from somehow got a sticker on it..Than he told me it was suspoes to be that way incase i got in an accident so i wouldn't be trapped in my car..I feel that is bull s*** because why would the state not have known about that? Anyways please some help here before i go back to where i bought it from and give them hell..I drive with 2 little children in the car with me..So i don't want to put them nor myself at risk for an accident..Thanks

Comments

• Options
    :( Anyone please help?
  • Options
    Ok aparently noone looks at this forum..Another wast of my time i guess
  • Options
    jlhartnettjlhartnett Member Posts: 12
    It is likely that one or both of the tilt column pins have fallen out of your steering column. It is a common problem in 95 Auroras. Look around on the floor or behind the dash to see if you can find them. They look like cylinders about the size of a dime at the ends and one end has a threaded screw hole.

Here is a link to more information on how to fix the problem:

loose steering wheel

It's really not a hard job once you get into it. I had the problem about a month ago.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your reply.. =)
This discussion has been closed.