Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Turning a Rav4 Sport into a Basic

marzi1marzi1 Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Toyota
I just purchased a '07 Rav4 Sport V6 - I'd been looking for used Rav4 for some time and as it turned out this was the car that drove well and that I could afford. i was happy about the V6, but could care less about it being a Sport.

After driving it for a week, I'm feeling the Sport is a drawback. I would much prefer a smoother ride to better handling.

What do you think of the idea of trying to turn it into a Basic, by trading the low profile alloy wheels for standard wheels and having regular shocks put in, rather then these 'sport tuned' shocks?

Do you think it will make much of a difference (I test drove both and do think the basic was better, thinking back on it). Will I get descent value for the alloy rims? I would only pursue this if there wasn't much of an out of pocket expense.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Comments

• sage3sage3 Posts: 47
    Personally I would not bother with it. You may not notice the difference after a while of driving the vehicle, plus it may lower your resale down the road since the sport tends to be more expensive.
  • marzi1marzi1 Posts: 2
    Thanks for your response.

I think you're right. Not a smart idea. Also, I've gotten use to the ride.

Now if I can only solve the intermittent loud low humming noise (and the much worse then posted gas mileage).
  • sage3sage3 Posts: 47
    Try the "Toyota Rav4 Noises and Sounds " discussion it looks like a few people touched on the humming noise topic.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,059
    Here's the link: Toyota Rav4 Noises and Sounds

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
This discussion has been closed.