Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Accord Hybrid Engine Questions

merlin180merlin180 Member Posts: 24
edited April 2014 in Honda
Hi

The other day it took 2 tries to get the engine started on my 05 HAH. On the first try I hardly turned the key enough and didn't hold it so maybe it wasn't really a "fair attempt". On the second attempt it started fine, except the battery-charge-warning, IMA-warning, and check-engine lights come on

I'm not sure if the lights were a side effect of the first half-hearted start attempt, or the failure to start the first time was because of the problems indicated by the lights

On the next restart, the battery-charge and IMA lights went out but check-engine light stayed on. Now the check-engine light has also gone out.

Does that mean there are no OBD codes to pull and I'm all OK, or should I still get the dealer to take a look (and charge me the $100 diagnostic fee :( )

Auto-Stop seems to working normally, with the IMA battery level indicator going up-and-down as usual (never below 50% throughout all this).

There were thunderstorms just before all this happened - maybe they caused an temporary glitch ?

Comments/Suggestions ?

Comments

• Options
    wnalpertwnalpert Member Posts: 2
    I've got a 2005 HAH that refuses to start when it's under 10 degrees fahrenheit outside AND it will not take a jump. Situation: I get in the car, turn the key, all the lights, previous day's settings (heater, radio, lights etc.) all come on strong but there's not a flutter - the engine will not start. I call triple A, they try to jump me, and -- it won't take a jump. I tow it to the dealer, go to work, they call me later and tell me there's nothing wrong with the car - it started up as soon as they put the key in it. They put the car through diagnoses, and there's nothing wrong with the battery, starter, etc. - So I've got a car that refuses to start when it's under 10 degrees - I'm in Boston, so we get single digit temperatures about 5 to 10 times a winter - I probably would've sold this car long ago if I was in Minnesota - and the dealer tells me there's nothing wrong. So - anyone else have this problem?
  • Options
    bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Hello! Welcome To Edmunds!

You might get a better response under the hybrid forums, or the maintenance forum for the year 2005 Honda Accord. Good Luck. See you there!
  • Options
    wnalpertwnalpert Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm back again and I guess talking to myself. It's lonely being the owner of the Accord Hybrid. Anyway, problem was solved when I had the car towed back to the dealer and THEY couldn't start it, so they actually went to work and found the connection from the battery to the starter was loose in some way. I'm doubtfult, but I haven't had any problems since - but then it hasn't been below 10 fahrenheit since either. thanks.
This discussion has been closed.