Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Acura RDX handling in snow

maxleavittmaxleavitt Posts: 10
edited April 2014 in Acura
Got a 2008 rdx with tech package in September. Just drove in very nasty blowing snow on unplowed ny thruway and rural roads. Handling was great.

Comments

• wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Just as it should be...

Provided the engine/transaxle/SH-AWD firmware programmers had many very long and drawn out conversations, discussions, with the hardware types.
  • I have a brand new 2009 Rdx- I should say I am disappointed in the way it handles in the snow- especially in turns, if you take a fast turn in snow- I tend lose the rear end. I am thinking of putting some weight in the trunk.
    Any Suggestions?
  • I'm in upstate NY (where they just closed part of the ny thruway). I posted on Oct 28 about excellent handling in snow. I don't want to be smart alecky in my answer, but you shouldn't be taking fast turns in snowy conditions. I have since put on snow tires and handling is even better, but snow is snow
  • I think the tires on rdx is decided more for summer rather than winter. Because tires are too wide for snow, Since the car is light and tires wide- the car tends to float in snow rather than sink in snow to give grip. I had a Ford Escape fwd drive which I think handled way better in snow compared to RDX. Regarding the sharp turn, tried in a snow covered parking lot- to see if stabiltiy control would step in but no such luck- the car just spun out. I am glad you have snow tires- I am thinking about the same. What size tires did you get and did you get spare rims?
  • I got 17" Blizzaks with rims.
  • Great, So how does the TPMS work with this?
  • I bought the tpms system for the winter tires. It's an expense, but I keep my cars for a long time.
This discussion has been closed.