Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2001 Blazer can't remove key

ericpetersonericpeterson Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet
A few weeks ago, I was running around town and went to shut off the ignition. The key wouldn't come out of the ignition. I moved in and out of gears just to see if it wouldn't getting into park correctly and this didn't fix the problem. I actually ended up driving the car home. I left the car sit for a few hours and went to try it again. The key removed immediately. A few days later, the same problem happened and I have been unable to get the key out. Everyone I talked to said it was the ignition cylinder, so I replaced this with a part I purchased from my local dealer. After removing the old part, the key removed from the ignition. I installed the new part and the same problem occurred. I am at a loss on what the problem could me. I am by no means an expert at repairing cars, so I was hoping I could find some help here. Thanks for any ideas anyone can give me.

Comments

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,059
    Check out these discussions:

Chevrolet Blazer Key Stuck

Key cannot be removed

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • can you turn your truck off when the key is stuck ? if so it is an electrical problem :confuse:
  • It looks like I found the problem. I have a lock part by the ignition and it is part# 26056147. When I disconnect it, it works fine, but when it is connected I can't pull the key out. I don't know if this part is necessary or not. Does anyone know? Everything seems to work fine so far.
This discussion has been closed.