Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Wiper arms

rockbass14rockbass14 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in Chevrolet
Hello,

In the downward motion of the drivers side wiper there is a big spot that the blade misses. I replaced the blades; bought blades with airfoils (the fancy $25 kind) and still no luck. I've tried slightly bending the arm into different positions but no luck. Anyone else find a remedy for this issue?

Thanks

Comments

• hammillhammill Member Posts: 10
    i get the same thing with mine, i had the wiper arm replaced under warranty now does it again when im driving it wont clear them but when stopped it does.
  • doggiedaddydoggiedaddy Member Posts: 1
    is it possible that there is a flaw in the windshield?
  • anwhnbanwhnb Member Posts: 1
    I also have this issue with my 2008 Chevy Aveo 5 door. I have had it fixed twice at the dealership. I just hit the 36,000 mile warranty on it, but I believe that my dealership will still fix it since there has been a previous issue. I have had my windshield replaced because of a crack, so I do not think that this is the issue. I am concerned because it only does it on mine at speeds in excess of 60 mph. They also are not sitting on the windshield and they tend to "shake in the wind." I am looking for some advice on this as well. I am not looking forward to taking it to the dealership and having them do it again in 3 months.
  • scrverscrver Member Posts: 3
    I have the same problem. I had the driver side arm replaced under warranty. Worked for little while. Put a small (2 sizes) winter blade on for winter and it helped. I will buy a small summer blade (one size) in a month or so. Still comes up a little but not as bad. A tall person might have trouble with the 2 sizes smaller. I really like the 2008 hatch 5 otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.