Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Enclave foggy/frosty windowshield mystery

benclave08benclave08 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Buick
We leave our enclave outside at night, and notice that on several occasions that the front windsheild will freeze up with ice crystals. As a result, we end up scrapping our front windsheild.

Anyone else have this mystery? Our enclave does have the dual sunroof, and I am wondering if this is the source of the condensation... Any help/ideas are welcomed.

Thanks

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    It's not a mystery. When the windshield gets very cold it becomes a good place for atmospheric humidity to condense. Your options are to cover the windshield overnight or apply a chemical (e.g. Prestone Frost and Ice Remover) to prevent formation of ice or application of a chemical agent (Prestone, alcohol, etc.) to remove the ice after the fact.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • gungagunga Member Posts: 16
    I am guessing that you are talking about frost on the inside of the windshield. If this is the cast, yes it may be because of the sun roof.

I have had numerous convertibles and cars with sunroofs, and many morning I had to scrape a thin film of frost from the inside.

Recommend to go to an auto supply store and get yourself a plyable scraper with a good edge. The scraper type I am talking about is the type used to apply and smooth body putty. This will bend a little to help clear the curved areas.
  • benclave08benclave08 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, for the tip....
This discussion has been closed.