Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Isuzu Axiom Fuel Pump

jamrock02jamrock02 Member Posts: 9
edited April 2014 in Isuzu
I recently had my fuel pump replaced in my '02 axiom. The problem i'm having is its not sending the correct level to thr display. recently i was driving and the display read 70 miles to empty. I was shocked when all of a sudden it stopped accelerating, I thought the transmission was gone or something. I just went into limp mode, wouldn't do over 5 mph. I managed to limp home and pour some gas from my lawnmower 1 gal bucket, and it started going again. I went to the gas station and refilled the gallon jug and the tank and its fine now. Is there a way to recalibrate the display so when it say 50 miles to empty i can go at least 40 to fill-up?. Before i replaced the pump i could go up to 80 miles when it says 50 to empty, guess i was on the reserve. Now there is no reserve or accurate reading. Thanks for any and all help.

Comments

• Options
    socalstevesocalsteve Member Posts: 34
    I can't speak to the fuel pump issue, but I know these senders seem to be sensitive. After a four-wheeling trip in my '04 Axiom, I noticed that the gas gauge seemed to hit empty a lot faster and the Miles To Empty reading on the dash seemed to drop quicker. I checked the gas tank for any dents that would account for a lower capacity, but there were none. I just think the sender was jostled on my trip.

I'd ignore your display and just keep track of how many miles since you filled up. If it's been more that 275 or so, time to find a gas station. Good luck.
  • Options
    mcwillijmcwillij Member Posts: 3
    I had the same issue with mine. I just had mine replaced. Please see link to site as ordering here will save you $. Labor was around 165.00. You might as well change it now, as it will not get any better. Also, note that the longer you go and don't change it, the EGR valve seems to go, as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350139300958&sspag- ename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=
  • Options
    jamrock02jamrock02 Member Posts: 9
    I already replaced it, was just wondering if it could be calibrated for a more accurate reading.
This discussion has been closed.