Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

should i fix my MX6 or not? Help!

loveangel1723loveangel1723 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Mazda
hello everyone,
I need your help. I have a Mazda MX 6 with 164,000 miles on it. I bought it 2 years ago for $1200. Nothing in the past 2 years has broken on it until last week when I got a very bad oil leak. I got that fixed but my car was running really bad. I had it checked out and I am running on only 4 cylinders. I should be running on 6. I also need 2 new head gaskets. My breaks are running low so ill need to get those fix in the next few months. I also need to get my exhaust worked on in the next few months.

my question is should I put the $2000 into it or should I buy a new car?
I love this car and it hasn't had problems until now. I feel if I get it fixed it should run great for a couple more years.
help!!!! what should I do?

Comments

• Options
    mx6wmx6w Member Posts: 1
    When I start my car it will start and then immediately die. Sometimes I have to restart it many times before it will stay running. I have replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, rotor and distributor cap. None of these seem to fix the problem. Some days I have no problems with it starting and other days it happens every time I have to start it.
    I haven't had any major problems with my car before this.
  • Options
    crazyicemancrazyiceman Member Posts: 1
    i have a 88 turbo mx6 great car mine does it also try the air filter also check the plugs and wires and coil.If that doesnt work give it some gas after you start turning it over it should start.Ive been trying to figure it out also open the gas cap to see if its vaperlocking.Good luck
This discussion has been closed.