Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Warranty type Question

hulksterchamphulksterchamp Member Posts: 3
I had gotten my 06 350z in November and it was like a dream come true. My first real sports car. 1 night as i'm exploring my Z I do donuts in them and all is simply awesome. I forget 2 turn the traction control back on and when turning hit the curb really hard denting my rim and bending the lower control arm, the knuckle and some other part I 4get.
Long story short i bought these parts and had them replaced fixed my dented rim and realigned my precious. All seemed well till to my dismay I notice that the car begins to shake once it reaches 48 m.p.g and much more the faster it goes. The brakes also tend to squeal a-lot at times.
Therefore my question really is if and how could I have my nissan warranty fix this problem without having to pay 4 it (Meaning not telling the problems true origin).
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions/responses.

Comments

• zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    how could I have my nissan warranty fix this problem without having to pay 4 it (Meaning not telling the problems true origin)

Are you that dishonest? What you are suggesting is called "fraud" - hopefully you don't do it. If you decide otherwise and try it, the dealership will most likely see through it and call you on it. You sound pretty immature, not to mention cheap.
    Z
  • hulksterchamphulksterchamp Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Zeke I've been enlightened by ur words. It is ppl like me that have the country the way it is. Shame, shame, Immature, shame. (Sighs)
    All sarcasm aside regardless of what outcome I would get the dealer said that more than likely i need to change my breaks and the rotors and this is what causes the trembling on the steering wheel. I asked if it could be the suspension or something similar but he said more often than not thats the problem.
    Dealers are not stupid more often than not when a car has something wrong it is due to lack of maintenance or an actual fault of the driver. I was told that the rotors on the Z burn out wickedly fast. If u or any1 else has more info on this I would definitely appreciate it.
    And yes I am cheap but thats my wife and I'm just trying to satisfy her and at the same time not deflate my wallet entirely.
    thanks
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    I was told that the rotors on the Z burn out wickedly fast. If u or any1 else has more info on this I would definitely appreciate it.
    And yes I am cheap but thats my wife and I'm just trying to satisfy her and at the same time not deflate my wallet entirely.

Can't help you with suggestions for your brake problem, that's purely a maintenance issue; driving the car sanely and not like a 16 yr old with his new license will help preserve the car mechanically. Some brakes wear faster than others. With respect to your wife, it's ok to be frugal but when it comes down to frugality and flat out dishonest practices, You might want to take charge, but that's something only you can do. And I agree, much of our financial state in the country was driven by people and fradulent practices.
    Z
  • hulksterchamphulksterchamp Member Posts: 3
    Ur the best Zeke! I'll try to put my panties away and grow up. As 4 the wifey, imma do my homework and research this out.
    Thanks
  • mannyljrmannyljr Member Posts: 20
    All seemed well till to my dismay I notice that the car begins to shake once it reaches 48 m.p.g and much more the faster it goes.

Hilarious...

I wish my car could do 48 m.p.g.

Is that fast?
  • disgruntled33disgruntled33 Member Posts: 11
    Question: This is my first Nissan that I bought. I included the extended warranty on the car. I bought the car a good distance from my home. We have kept up with maintenance on the car, however, we did not save the receipts for oil bought. I now have a problem with my Murano 2010, 28,000 miles, with white smoke when starting my car. I took it to the dealer and provided him with my service record of when we changed the oil. Because there was sludge in the oil, they want receipts for the oil purchased. We have only ever used what was stated in the manuel. We were never told to save receipts for such things as oil, window washer fluid, air filters, etc. Now Nissan doesn't want to honor the warranty. The dealership won't even diagnosis what's wrong with the car. Where is it stated that receipts must be kept for 'normal' supplies for your car?