Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought a new car and completed the purchase entirely online? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 5/28 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Engine Mount Service Bulletin

windfrenzywindfrenzy Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Mazda
Has anyone had TSB 03-001-06 or 03-001-07 performed on their car? This is a service bulletin that addresses vibration at cruising speed, but warns that it may increase vibration at idle. I have slight vibration (feels like out of balance tire) at 40+, but am wondering if the fix is worse than the original issue. Thanks.

Comments

• vg33e powervg33e power Posts: 314
    Never had it done, but I did ask about it when Mazda replaced my broken leaking mount on the right side. They say that the original mount is a hydraulic mount which is why it leaks the yucky oil when it breaks, the TSB you are referring to replaces the original hydraulic mount with a solid rubber mount which in turn is a lot more rigid minimizing vibration at crusing speeds but because of its rigidy it doesnt damper as well as the hydraulic mount when iddling.
  • 5_more5_more Posts: 43
    Does the solid rubber mount eliminate the 50mph vibration?
  • vg33e powervg33e power Posts: 314
    According to the bulletin it suppose to, although I have never hear of anyone opting to delete the 50mph vibration and instead get a more pronounced iddle vibration... as it is our engines are not the most smooth dampened engines. It's a game of give and take...I guess.
This discussion has been closed.