Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Need advice on leasing

coolguy8157coolguy8157 Member Posts: 29
edited July 2014 in INFINITI
Hello.....I just want your opinion on how to work this thing out..... I own outright a fully loaded 07 G35 sedan.... I have a company now and want to lease a new FX35 for my company and dump the G.... Is there anyway to sell the G to the dealer and get a lease on an FX...or is it worth just selling the G myself and leasing an FX....Need your opinion please.
thanks

Comments

• jxlxrjxlxr Member Posts: 61
    I would do some research utilizing the various sources to see what the value of your car is. Selling outright is always usually the most profitable but more difficult. Trade-in is easy but you pay for the convenience.

The option that may be best for you is to look at trading in the G against a purchase of the FX. You would then qualify for the various purchase incentives and will already have some decent equity in the FX.

You could of course trade in the G and lease an FX. I would just tell the dealer that proceeds from the G are not going into the lease as that does not make sense. Don't put any dollars into a lease other than normal up front costs such as taxes and fees.

As long as you are armed with the right information you can make either deal work for you.
  • coolguy8157coolguy8157 Member Posts: 29
    I never thought that you can trade the G and buy an FX for business....the thing is...I'm not sure whether I can roll my personal equity into a business deal...that's where I'm stumbled...
    thanks for the info...may be I need to explore this further. :)
  • coolguy8157coolguy8157 Member Posts: 29
    I was about to pick this up..the deal is done....

Umbria Twilight/Wheat
    AWD, Premium, Nav, Deluxe Touring, Tow, Cargo organizer, splash guards ... MSRP 53365..Selling price $47960.
    39/15000 miles ... $ 2500 down, $ 2000 loyalty rebate down
    .00091/ 50 % residual
    Monthly payment 599.54 (includes WA 8.4% tax)....
    ...I might need to sell my G on my own...
  • nagarajnagaraj Member Posts: 1
    hi i am planning to lease a toyota corolla, the current offer seems to be attractive, is it a good offer
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    the current offer seems to be attractive, is it a good offer

I don't think anyone could judge whether the offer is a good one unless they had some details. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited July 2010
    nagaraj,

Toyota is offering lease support for two Corolla trimlines. For details, go to...

http://www.buyatoyota.com/Specials/SpecialOffers.aspx?series=Corolla

First Offer

$149 per month for 36 months $2199 due at signing35 MPG HWY For a limited time get a free maintenance plan when you buy or lease a new Toyota Disclaimer:

Offer good on new 2010 Corolla LE Model 1838, 1.8-liter DOHC 16-valve dual independent VVT-I 4-cylinder, color keyed electric outside rear view mirror with heater, AM/FM/In-Dash 6 CD changer with WMA/MP3 playback capability, Satellite capable (requires receiver and subscription) with six speakers, all weather guard package includes: heavy duty heater with rear seat heater duct, anti-chip tape and heated outside mirrors; power windows with driver-side auto-down feature, cruise control, remote keyless entry, all weather mats, plus much more! $149/Mo. – 36 Month Lease. $2,199 due at lease signing. Includes $1,400 Customer Down Payment + First Month’s Payment/$149 + $650 Acquisition Fee. $175 security deposit waived to qualified buyers subject to approved credit through Toyota Financial Services. Good on Tier I PLUS only. 36-month payments total $5,364 – excludes state and local taxes, tags, registration and title, insurance, and dealer charges. Lease Factor .00002. Closed-End Lease. Lease-end purchase option $10,797. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the new 2010 Corolla LE Model 1838 is $18,290. Includes destination charge, but excludes state and local taxes, tags, registration, title and insurance. Adjusted Capitalized Cost is $16,142based on dealer participation...

ANALYSIS

Selling Price: 16,892.00... The selling price is negotiable and so I suggest that you research Edmunds invoice pricing and deduct any applicable cash incentives. Also, check overstock at zag.com for lowest competitive pricing in your area.

Money Factor: 0.00002 (or about 0.048% EXCELLENT!!!)

Although not likely, there may be cash incentives available.

Second Offer

$169 per month for 36 months $2199 due at signing 34 MPG HWY For a limited time get a free maintenance plan when you buy or lease a new Toytoa! Disclaimer:

Offer good on new 2010 Corolla S Model 1834, 1.8-liter DOHC 16-valve dual independent VVT-I 4-cylinder, AM/FM/in-dash 6 CD changer with WMA/MP3 playback capability, Satellite capable (requires receiver and subscription) with six speakers; All Weather Guard Package includes: heavy duty heater, with rear seat heater duct, anti-chip tape and heated outside mirror; S Extra Value Package includes: 16” Alloy wheels with P205/55R16 steel-belted Radial tires, rear deck spoiler, power windows with driver’s side one-touch down, remote keyless entry with key transmitter and cruise control; carpet floor mats and trunk mat plus much more! $169/Mo. – 36 Month Lease. $2,199 due at lease signing. Includes $1,380 Customer Down Payment + First Month’s Payment/$169 + $650 Acquisition Fee. $200 security deposit waived to qualified buyers subject to approved credit through Toyota Financial Services. Good on Tier I PLUS only. 36-month payments total $6,084 – excludes state and local taxes, tags, registration and title, insurance, and dealer charges. Lease Factor .00075. Closed-End Lease. Lease-end purchase option $11,557. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the new 2010 Corolla S Model 1834 is $19,005. Includes destination charge, but excludes state and local taxes, tags, registration, title and insurance. Adjusted Capitalized Cost is $16,873 based on dealer participation...

ANALYSIS

Selling Price: 17,603.00... Once again, the selling price is negotiable and so I suggest that you research Edmunds invoice pricing and deduct any applicable cash incentives. Also, check overstock at zag.com for lowest competitive pricing in your area.

Money Factor: 0.00075 (or about 1.80% Very Good!!!)

Although not likely, there may be cash incentives available.

Questions? Let me know.

Jo
This discussion has been closed.