Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Sequoia Transmission Flush

jamstarrjamstarr Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Toyota
Can anyone tell me if the following problems I am having is related to the transmission flush. When in reverse or park or slowing down it would shut off on me. Anyone has any similar problems like this?

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    What do you mean by shutting down - does the engine die on you?

What kind of flush was it? One with the engine running to flush the fluid out or a power flush with an external machine? Did any chemicals or additives get put in the system as part of the flush?

I don't really trust flushes and just stick to simple drain and fill myself. But I have no idea if changing your fluid is causing your Sequoia to stall out.

amigo_john, "Isuzu Trooper" #8070, 30 Jun 2003 7:46 am
  • Options
    jamstarrjamstarr Member Posts: 2
    The vehicle shuts off and I have to start it again. I did not do a flush of any kind I was merely asking whether or not it is related to the transmission flush not being done which is causing my problems. :blush:
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Ah, I wouldn't think it's related to not servicing the transmission, unless you are really low on fluid perhaps.

But this is out of my league. Try the Toyota Sequoia Transmission Problems discussion.
This discussion has been closed.