Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Why drive a CV/GM these days?

gerry100gerry100 Member Posts: 100
edited August 2014 in Ford
I'm about to takeover my Dad's 05 CV and was thinking of all the positives.

Newly unemployed ex "big shot", I'm selling my 07 BMW to make this move.

One of the reasons is simplicity and upkeep. The bimmer is more complex than a 747 and the potential future maintenance cost is daunting.

Any other reasons? Please chime in?

Comments

• euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    bimmer is more complex than a 747 and the potential future maintenance cost is daunting.

You are lucky Daddy didn't leave you an Audi A8. Compare the cost of different parts i.e. rotors, starter, alternator, & A/C components.

Curious - does the CV have dual exhaust? If so, it may have the Touring Package.
  • gerry100gerry100 Member Posts: 100
    It's an LX with no options. So no touring package.

Another thing I like is that it seems to have as much room (interior plus trunk) as one of the smaller crossovers.
  • newenglandfannewenglandfan Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 GM, with 107K. I've had it since it was new, I don't know if I would be happy with anything else. It's the second one I've had. I love the ride, the room, the get up and go and the gas mileage. Around town it gets 20-22 mpg, but for longer trips it is great. Drove from Maine to Nashville and back a couple of months ago, averaged 25 mpg.

so far I've only had to replace the battery and this spring it needed a ball joint and front brakes.
  • danielj6danielj6 Member Posts: 285
    Crown Vic/Grand Mrqs continue to be great values, today overlooked by vehicles that claim to have everything + electronic guizmos.

These great cruisers still offer room/mileage/ride/size/
    safety/pick up/dependability/for not much money.
This discussion has been closed.