Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

off/on hesitation at 10-15 mph caravan

rdcresrdcres Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
I have a 2004 Caravan, 3.3 ltr, 69,000 miles. When slowly going through a neighborhood at 10-15 mph the car has begun to hesitate, run ok, hesitate, run ok...and continues this way until I give it more gas. Under normal or hard acceleration the car runs fine, as it also does at idle. Thought I might have some water in the fuel, so have put in injector cleaner that should also dry any water. Have run about 100 miles since then. The problem is still there. Should I wait longer or do you know of another possible cause. Thanks

Comments

• ckearbyckearby Member Posts: 3
    its a 3.0 and when i start up a hill and give it just enough gas to maintain speed it starts running rough and it pops back through the air breather but if i floor it it will down shift and take off with plenty of power. i have no clue can someone please help me
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,790
    It may be a timing or vacuum issue. I would start by checking vacuum lines and, perhaps, run some fuel system cleaner through the tank to clean up the injectors.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • ckearbyckearby Member Posts: 3
    i have put fuel system cleaner in it didnt help. i went to auto zone today and had them hook computer to it and it gave code po300 any suggestions on what to try for that?
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,790
    Random misfire.... Did you say yours was the 3.0L engine? I think that one has a distributor, so it is likely a problem within that unit... maybe a poor connection in the cap. Other possibilities are worn-out plug wires or a bad coil.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • spymikespymike Member Posts: 2
    Hi rdcres did you ever get this fixed??
    I have the same problem with my 2003 grand caravan with a 3.8L. The car runs good at all times but on a slow takeoff it after the van worms up it seems to hastate to shift into 2nd only, but if I accelerate faster it will not hastate. I have replaced the Fuel Pump/Filter, Plugs/Wires, Cam Sensor and MAP Sensor. I still have the same problem.
    Any help pleas?...
  • spymikespymike Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 grand caravan with a 3.8L. The van runs good at all times but on a slow takeoff only after the van worms up it seems to hastate to shift into 2nd, but if I accelerate faster it will not hastate. I have replaced the Fuel Pump/Filter, Plugs/Wires, Cam Sensor and MAP Sensor. I still have the same problem.
    Any help pleas?...