Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of buying a 2010 MGM

benboy73benboy73 Posts: 4
edited April 2014 in Mercury
I am thinking of buying a 2010 Mercury Grand Marquis. This will not be my primary vehicle. I would get it because this will probably be the last year of production, and I've always liked them. A big part of why I would do this is also nostalgia. I think the Panther cars were some of America's greatest autos, and I hate to see them go. I realize it's far surpassed in most regards by most other cars, except for price, but still I like them. I live in in Germany, and I can special order to one to my liking through the US military sales program. Am I being silly to want a Grand Marquis?

Comments

• mwhitworthmwhitworth Posts: 14
    I think you should. YOu wont see very many in several years since they are being phased out. I just bought an 07 because I like them too and they way they drive. I am only 37 so probably not your typical Marquis owner but needed something larger to haul stuff around.
  • benboy73benboy73 Posts: 4
    Thanks for your message. It turns out I won't be getting the MGM. My wife absolutely hated the idea. I try to pick my battles, so I didn't fight it. Instead, I'm ordering a 2010 Taurus. I really look forward to it. I think the new Taurus offers a lot of "luxury" features for a fair price. I'm in my mid thirties also, and I've had enough of the sport sedans. From now on, I'll take comfort, thank you!
  • mwhitworthmwhitworth Posts: 14
    I like the new Taurus also, but was a little too expensive for me. Coming from a Grand AM GT was tired of smaller cars that dont ride very well either so I bought the GMarquis. My friends are like: you bought a what?! lol
  • benboy73benboy73 Posts: 4
    Yeah, that is a big difference. I drove a Grand Am for about a week or so a few years back. I liked it, but the Grand Marquis is much more comfortable.
This discussion has been closed.