It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Is the dealership trying to rip me off? HELP!!!
I purchased an 09 Hyundai Genesis V8 w/ Tech couple months ago.
Here is what happened.
1. When I got to the dealership, I received a verbal quote of $35,000, to be PURCHASED with cash in full.
2. When came back to sign the contract, they said they made a mistake and it is actually $35,500.
3. I said no deal and left the dealership.
4. Dealer called and offered me to work it around by having me sign a LEASE contract instead of PURCHASE so they can get $1,000 rebate from HYUNDAI. I would then make only 3 payments and buy out the vehicle. This way, I would be paying $35,000 for the vehicle.
5. I signed the lease and it is time to buy out the car. I called up the delaership and they said there would be a FINANCE charge of $399 to buy out the car. They never told me about this when I signed the LEASE contract.
Is this a legitimate business practice? My questions are:
1. Do I pay finance charges when I actually PURCHASE with cash in full?
2. The dealer said it's something I would have paid anyway if I bought the car in the first place. Then why didn't they charge for it when I sign the LEASE?
All in all, it's like I've done them their favor and got nothing in return. If I pay them $399 under the table, its pretty much the same thing as buying it for $35,500.
I am going to the dealer on Monday. I would really appreciate your help on this matter.