Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan and Coupe

Comments

• woj207woj207 Member Posts: 54
    Patiently I wait for December 1st.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2009/11/la-preview-infinti-to-show-updated-g3- 7-new-qx-at-private-event.html

Also there is a Facebook Fan page for Infiniti (facebook.com/infiniti ), and they will webcast the event.

Partially quoted from above link
    "The event from Beverly Hills. Infiniti is excited to share updates on the brand and its whole product line, including:
    - 2011 M: Shown virtually at Pebble Beach but this is a first look at the real thing
    - 2010 G: Exterior design updates and a refined interior characterize what's new for 2010
    - 2011 QX: Update on when the all new QX will be unveiled"
  • addamsaddams Member Posts: 74
    I missed those rave reviews on the paint. Links please.
  • dayne20071dayne20071 Member Posts: 20
    I read over the weekend that the 2010 G37 will be on displayed at the Los Angeles Auto Show that begins this week. It would be interesting to see if Infiniti have made any adjustments mechanically to improve on the gas consumption of the car.
    After searching the web, it appears that Infiniti will not be at the LA Auto show, but rather be announcing their cars at a private event in Beverly Hills.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2009/11/la-preview-infinti-to-show-updated-g3- 7-new-qx-at-private-event.html

Also look at their facebook page.

www.facebook.com/infiniti
  • snagielsnagiel Member Posts: 750
    No mechanical changes are expected for 2010, so gas mileage numbers are almost guaranteed to stay the same.

One change I'd vote for that would provide a quick and easy improvement in fuel economy is making the seventh gear taller. I'm not sure what the exact ratio is, but it seems awfully close to the sixth gear, which is silly since it's expressly there to help keep the RPM's low during highway cruising. 70mph should be at under 2krpm (not 2300ish that it's at now).
  • pkhoopespkhoopes Member Posts: 27
    Go here to see some newly released official pictures of the 2010 G37 sedan Sport. Click on the 'red tennis racket' near each pic to enlarge. On the left side of the page, you can click on the 'image galleries' to go to other 2010/2011 models.

2010 sedan
    So, I can't remember where I read it last night, but I did get a reply from Nissian consumer affairs back in November that new 2010 G37 Sedans will have a wholesale release date of December 17th.

Does anyone know if this means that I have to wait until the 17th for pricing too? I have been told there is a 2010 on it's way to my local dealership, but they don't have pricing yet.

I hate the waiting.
  • temp123temp123 Member Posts: 2
    I'm going to buy the G37 convertible but I heard that the 2010 models will be coming out in January. If so, I'll wait the month and hopefully the 2009 will drop in price. If not, I'd like to stop wasting time and get the car.

Anyone heard when the 2010 Convertibles will become available?
    I've heard the 17th and in Jan so who knows. Don't forget if it matters, 09's scratch shield paint, 2010 no SSP.
  • dakineguydakineguy Member Posts: 46
    Can you explain the benefits of scratch shield paint? Is the Ipod integration going away in 2010?
    USB on the 2010 and it's not the benifits but the downsides of SSP for me.
    1. Why after only 2 years did they stop with it?
    2. I've read many problems with waxing and detailing it.
    3.Also read paint shops don't have it so if paint is needed they just use non-SSP.
  • pkhoopespkhoopes Member Posts: 27
    No one knows for sure why they decided to stop using ssp, but my guess is for cost savings. The stuff costs more than regular clear coat. I have not read of these 'many problems with waxing and detailing' that you speak of. Some people think that it may get swirl marks more easily because it is somehow 'softer' (even though Infiniti claims it is more scratch resistant than regular clear coat), but if you use proper materials/techniques when washing and waxing, you should have NO problems. Paint shops do have access to Nissan approved materials and techniques for ssp repair...you just have to make sure they are aware of them. In my view, those of us who have ssp have a finish that is superior to regular clearcoat.
  • ig37_dvrig37_dvr Member Posts: 5
    Anyone have updates on when the 2010s hit the show room?
    I hate to confuse you further, but I was originally told by a dealer here in the Pac-NW end of December (that was in November), then I heard early January (today), then I called another out of state dealer and they said March.

So, I don't know. I'm hoping soon, because they don't have a 2009 with the setup I want.

As soon as I find out more, i'll post itt.
  • ig37_dvrig37_dvr Member Posts: 5
    Dealer in Denver told me via email yesterday they were expecting in late Feb or early Mar.
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    I visited a local dealer (Southern California) today to check out the 2010 G37. They have one Journey sedan with sport package on the showroom floor. The salesperson tole me that they are expecting more 2010 G's to come in soon.

In the front, the new grille/headlight design surely looks nice, and the interior center console (the portion from armrest to gear-shifter) is much better than the '09. However, the overall change is subtle. In fact, when I walked into the showroom and asked whether they had had the 2010 G, the salesperson pointed to the one right in front of me. :blush:

Without knowing, and specifically looking for, what have changed, most people may not tell a 2010 from a 2009, especially from a distance on the street. As to the rear, I simply cannot see any difference other than the back up distance sensors on the bumper (which is not necessarily a good thing aesthetically). And we know already that there is essentially no change in powertrain and performance, although the MPG numbers per window sticker improve by 1 both city/hwy, now 19/26. I did not take a test drive.

After seeing the 2010 in person, I am not sure if I am willing to pay the $6k to $7k extra for it than for 2009s right now. If price is your main concern, wait no more and grab a 2009 before year-end -- and save even more with the sales tax deduction on your income tax return. Otherwise, wait a little longer until the selling price on 2010s comes down.

Just my 2 cents.
    What is the 2009 sales tax deduction?
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    As part of the stimulus package passed by Congress, the sales tax on purchase of new vehicle is deductible for income tax return this year. Below is from IRS website:

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act permits taxpayers to take a deduction for state and local sales and excise taxes paid on the purchase of new cars, light trucks, motor homes and motorcycles. The deduction is available on new vehicles purchased from Feb. 17, 2009, through Dec. 31, 2009. In states that don't have a sales tax, the law provides a deduction for other taxes or fees paid. This deduction is available whether or not a taxpayer itemizes deductions on Schedule A.

The deduction is limited to the taxes and fees paid on up to $49,500 of the purchase price of an eligible vehicle. The deduction is reduced for joint filers with modified adjusted gross incomes (MAGI) between $250,000 and $260,000 and other taxpayers with MAGI between $125,000 and $135,000. Taxpayers with higher incomes do not qualify.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=204519,00.html
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    Herb chambers of boston has over 80 2009 G's left on the lot-- nissan in no hurry to introduce the 2010
    I just got an email from someone within Infiniti and he said that the car was released on Dec 17th. Dealers would be receiving them soon.
  • billpaulbillpaul Member Posts: 103
    I visited my dealer today who said 2010 model will be available mid January. I guess it is not clear what is going on. The car will be here when it is here.
    I sat in a new 2010 G37 sedan yesterday. The front grill has more detail on the chrome and the fog lights are now separate on the bottom. The interior is almost identical with exception of the console having 2 chrome pieces on the side. The dealer told me that he was getting 7 more cars in by year end. Not a lot of inventory yet and no financial incentives. He also told me that 2011 will have a change in body style.
    Nice... I didn't know that. thank you!
  • carbokcarbok Member Posts: 11
    Where are you finding the 2010s? Im in VA and haven't found one. Also, I have always hated buying last years model because I have always felt it will depreciate faster. What are other peoples thoughts on that?
  • rdesmanrdesman Member Posts: 43
    If you plan to keep the car for a long time then you shouldn't worry about depreciation and can concentrate on banking the end of year rebates instead.
    Also are there meaningful upgrades to next year's model to be taken into consideration?
    I never worry about depreciation as I plan on keeping cars for a long time and have the additional advantage of children in their 20's who don't mind hand-me-downs.
  • duval1duval1 Member Posts: 30
    Any cables available like the one for the iPod?
    Anyone get any deals on 2010's yet?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2010 G37x Rosewood, Premium, Navigation, Illum Kick Plates, Impact Sensor, First Aid kit, Trunk Mat

List is 42,231

Anyone think I'll be able to get the dealer down anything more than $500?

I've got great credit, and they don't know I'm am going to pay cash, I will be using a credit card to charge some of it ($2-5k) to get miles, but it will be paid off the next day.

Any tips? Suggestions? Well wishings?
  • robert010robert010 Member Posts: 5
    Good luck woj207.

Let us know how you do. And wonder if they have te car or your are ordering it? And where?

I am thinking about similar 2010 purchase and comparing to a 2009 G37X Premium, wood, splash guards (that are already on it) offer from local CT dealer that is about $4,000 off MSRP
    I will post my purchase price when everything is worked out (maybe as early as this Saturday 1/2/10)

I am not ordering it, it just happens to be one of the first one coming into my area OR/WA/ID that is what I was looking for in an 09

I hope to get at least $1000 off MSRP, but only time will tell.
  • tleetlee Member Posts: 44
    You can probably save hundreds in taxes by closing the deal before the end of the year (instead of 1/2/10) to take advantage of the 2009 new car tax credit:

www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=205863,00.html
    unfortunately I do not qualify for those incentives
    The sale on these cars have drop considerately, if anyone could wait, you could get more than a $1000 off on these cars. Many dealerships cannnot sell their 2009 G37's, many potential buyers are concern about the MPG this car gets, it's worst than any car in its class.
    I purchased my 2010 G37x yesterday. I ended up getting $750 off of MSRP, maybe not the best deal, but I am happy with my car.
    Congrats, all the best with it, post a picture if it is okay.
    I just posted a bunch here

http://myg37.com/forums/picture-share/202943-2010-g37x.html

If that doesn't work let me know.
  • members78members78 Member Posts: 140
    nice pictures! i really like the front end treatment, and the white gauges look classier imo. the wheels look a lil' chinese, but im sure they'll grow on me. i wish my coupe had separated fog lights like yours because i hate the yellowish hue they give off in the headlight cluster.

oh and you picked the right color! i have blue slate as well hehe ;)
  • domain311domain311 Member Posts: 26
    Looks like the 09 incentives were extended because of all the stock left...my local dealership still has over 90 2009 G37's. I don't see anything on the 2010 yet....anyone hear anything?
  • SrikzquestSrikzquest Member Posts: 10
    where r u located...whats the dealer name? I am looking for a certain configuration and not able to find over here at my place. Thanks...
    Nice pictures, cool color, the car looks more aggressive than the previous ones.
  • domain311domain311 Member Posts: 26
    Competition Infiniti on Long Island, NY.
    pretty far from my place...anyway, thanks for the info...I am looking for one with Garnet Ember and with all the packages (inc Tech)...and I am not seeing them anywhere...:(
  • 01redz0601redz06 Member Posts: 21
    When will we get some invoice pricing posted on the new G37 sedans? How do we know what constitutes a good deal?
    When will the 2010 G37 models appear for sale on the Infiniti website?

Also, it is a little strange for these models to be selling in some parts of the country but not in others. My dealer has none for sale.

Is it typical for Infiniti to handle a new model year in this way?
    I have raised your question to Infiniti on Facebook and they said, early next week, they are going to update the site. they gave me a strange reason like website maintenance for the delay and I dont believe it but here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/infiniti?ref=ts and below is the content...

Myself: the site should be showing the future vehicles even before the cars hit the showrooms, thats the norm I guess...here its in reverse order, the cars already came to dealers and people are buying but still the website is not updated and thats pathetic...As there r still 2009 cars waiting in the dealer lots, Infiniti is only trying to show to the not-so-observant people that there is no 2010 model at all and they have to buy the 2009 model only...thats a stupid and irritating tactic...

Infiniti: We are finishing up some maintenance to our consumer site that will be finished this week so when the site is updated you should see all the 2010 G Line vehicles on the website early next week, sorry for the delay but the maintenance to the site prevented us from adding this content until then.
    I got a reply of Jan 13th when I emailed them.
    I am pretty sure that the 2010 models are being delayed because many dealerships still have a large amount of 2009's left over. I read in a business magazine 12 months ago that when such a situation occurs the Dealerships' managers and owners usually request from the manufacturer a later delivery date.
  • pablovalerinpablovalerin Member Posts: 4
    Hey all here is a deal being offered to me. What do you think? Right now infiniti is offering either 1500 cash back or special financing. I'm interested in the 2.9% for 66 months.

G37 Journey 2010, Graphite shadow, graphite interior, illuminated kick plates, prem package & vehicle alarm with maple. Total for the vehicle is around $39,790 and we can take up to $3k off (includes the rebate) so $38,290 with financing special or 36,790 with cash deal.

Whats better in the end? The 1500 cash back or the special financing?
    Interestingly, Infiniti has just changed their website. The first thing you see now is a sequential presentation of 2009 G37 models.

This is too much.
  • srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    All depends. Assuming you're going to finance in either case with an ~5 year loan, would you rather have the $1500 now in your pocket to spend or invest along with higher monthly payments, or nothing in your pocket how and lower monthly payments for the next 5 years?