Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2010 Toyota Tundra 4.6 Questions?????

xcceleraxccelera Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Was looking at a 2010 Toyota Tundra 4.6 , (the all aluminum engine not the older 4.7) over the weekend and thinking of buying one. Nice truck, nice interior.

Was wondering what mileage real world users were getting?

And any problems that might have surfaced with this model?

Likes and dislikes?

Comments

• Options
    No comments?? Is the 2010 Toyota Tundra 4.6 that new?

thnx
  • Options
    jbbwvjbbwv Member Posts: 11
    Mine just passed 1000 miles and the best so far out on the Interstate (rolling hills of WV & OH) is 20.4 mpg. Thats with a Reg Cab, Long Bed, 4X4. Not to bad for where I live (much better than my 03 Chev S-10 ZR2 by the way). I love the room and comfort of the Tundra.
  • Options
    20.4mpg, not bad. Should get a little better as it breaks-in.

I have to agree the interior is nice and roomy. I've been looking at double-cabs and the Tundra's rear seating is roomy even for adults. Better than others.

thnx for posting!!
  • Options
    screwboyscrewboy Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have a crew max with the 4.6? The dealer near me says they aren't going to be available until the end of the year (in fairness, he wasn't sure). What's the skinny as I told him I wasn't ready to buy so I'm sure he "lost" my name and number :)
  • Options
    screwboyscrewboy Member Posts: 2
    I saw a review video by kbb.com and they stated the frame was fully boxed. Is this new for 2010? I thought the frame was a boxed, something, something else configuration.
  • Options
    eharri3eharri3 Member Posts: 640
    Check around. Reports on the 4.6 are mixed. Those with lighter configurations or who drive very conservatively are hitting close to the target. Alot of people are only 1-2 mpg off from 5.7 trucks.
  • Options
    oddcarnutoddcarnut Member Posts: 7
    I'm also interested in a crew max 4.6 as I don't need the 5.7. It seems that Southeast Toyota isn't ordering them. But other regions seems to be getting them, search dealers in TX, MS, AR
This discussion has been closed.