Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Jimmy 4WD not working

I have a 2000 jmc jimmy the 4wd buttons do not light up and nothing happens no shifting and the fuses are all ok
Tagged:

Comments

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,059
    Try the existing GMC Jimmy 4WD Issues topic.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • the front tires wont lock in, when i push the buttons on the dash they all three work and i can hear it moving the cable under the front end ( to engage in and out ) so im good to that point ( the front axle) so the Q is whats next. it had worked just fine for the whole time i've had the truck but a few weeks ago i got stuck in the mud and i pushed the button and the front end wouldn't lock in. the last time i used the 4wd was this last winter and it worked great. deer season is coming soon and i'm gonna need all 4 tires pulling for me up there.
  • You may have an actuator Problem. easiest way to check is take you battery out, remove the battery tray and below it is an airbag looking thing, its a pneumatic actuator that locks the front diff, Even thou you hear the gears engage, this still may be an issue. This is what fixed mine and i have a 96 SLE 4 door 4x4