Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Front Passenger door not locking or opening

momstruck1momstruck1 Member Posts: 206
edited March 2014 in Toyota
with remote . It is also not opening any other way except with a key . This happened once before and when I took it in it worked fine . Anyone have any idea what it could be . ALL the other doors are working fine .

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    There is a switch at the front that disables the power door. Just check that, even though that's probably not it.
  • momstruck1momstruck1 Member Posts: 206
    Nope it is not the power door . IT is the front side passenger door . I know about that switch though ..LOL
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Sorry, I know it's obvious. Have to ask, though. :D

My Subaru had a parking lamp with a switch at the top of the steering column. Newbies always, always missed that. First time they cleaned their interior they'd come in and ask how to turn the lights off.

Funny.
  • carbuf1carbuf1 Member Posts: 9
    Does the manual door lock switch (near the handle) on the inside work?
  • momstruck1momstruck1 Member Posts: 206
    door lock works it also works with the Key in the door . It just is not working with the remote. Any ideas ? :confuse:
  • carbuf1carbuf1 Member Posts: 9
    The locks are controlled by a solenoid. I would check the electric solenoid in the door to see if it is getting voltage and for any loose connections.
This discussion has been closed.