Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice- dump problem 2004 SRX after warranty, or not?

msfurmsfur Posts: 17
edited March 2014 in Cadillac
I bought a 2004 SRX Certified Pre-owned. I will have had the car three years next month. The warranty expires 12/09.
The car has been in for service 27 times during the last 3 years. Just this morning I lost most of the electrical system while driving- so far all they know is that the electrical modules aren't communicating.
It doesn't really matter, since it is always something .

My dilema is this- so far all of the repairs have been covered, but if this rate of repair continues after the warranty ends this year, I fear I will be in the poor house.
I need advice- should I get rid of the car as soon as it's out of warranty in 3 months, or stick it out?

When the car is out of the shop, I like the vehicle very much, and don't have any idea what to even consider in another car should I get rid of this one.
Help!

Comments

• stlgasmanstlgasman Posts: 139
    Can't you purchase an extended warranty since it is still under warranty?
  • msfurmsfur Posts: 17
    I can purchase a non GM warranty, such as from AAA. To cover 85% of the issues, many of which are electrical, it will run $3k for 3 years/36k miles.
    Plus, I will still be relying on a car that hasn't shown itself to be very reliable, plus in 3 years I will have to get rid of it and will be in the same spot, just with a car of even less value then.I am just so angry that the SRX has been such a problem- I bought it wanting to own it for many many years.

All of that but.. I do love the car.
    Any ideas what other vehicles are as comfortable/roomy as what I am in now if I do have to get rid of it?
    Thanks
  • stlgasmanstlgasman Posts: 139
    Why not trade for a newer SRX. Reliability improved. Used car prices are good.
  • jwoodiejwoodie Posts: 16
    If the warranty is transferable, sell/trade the car before it runs out.
This discussion has been closed.