Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Highlander Sunroof Question

toy_mantoy_man Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Toyota
We have only had our 04 Highlander 2 years and got it used. Ever since we got it you have to guess when the sunroof is closed. There is no positive stop. Is this normal or is something broken?

Comments

• Options
    bdymentbdyment Member Posts: 573
    The sunroof needs to be normalized. The process is in the owner's manual. It should work fine after the normalization process is completed.
  • Options
    toy_mantoy_man Member Posts: 2
    Thank you!!! My wife had it at the dealership and they said it was working the way it should.
  • Options
    bdymentbdyment Member Posts: 573
    I remember when we first drove our 2004 Highlander home from the dealers. I went to close the sunroof and I couldn't tell if it was closed fully or not. Got out and looked at the roof from the porch and it wasn't in the fully closed position. Back to the dealers and they couldn't figure it out either, but did manage by luck to get it closed. Set up an appt. for early next week to investigate more fully.

That night I read the manual. Next morning I normalized the operation and cancelled my appt. The sunroof is supposed to be set up correctly by the dealer as part of thepre-delivery process. Most dealers don't do it. If you ever have a dead battery you will have to do the procedure again.
This discussion has been closed.