Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

T/C heater control problems

gpharmergpharmer Member Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in Chrysler
I have a 02 T/C, the heater is intermittent. Sometimes hot and sometimes it blows cool air. I talked to a dealership, they say the control head is probably not the problem.... any ideas?

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,747
    Have you checked your coolant level?
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • larawaylaraway Member Posts: 5
    I have an 04 T&C, climate control. The controls do not change the outlet position???

Any ideas, or similar issues?
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,747
    One of two things: Your controls are not working or (more likely) the actuator that controls the air flow is not working.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    I have a need for two rear seats, (second Row), gray.
    Anyone know the year range that will fit, and if all Mopar mini vans will fit it.

I am in Tucson AZ if anyone has any.
    HELP

Anyone know the year range and models that will interchange???

I would like to add the center row seats to my T&C, gray cloth not stow and go!

Jim
  • nlowellnlowell Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2002 t&c limited. I live in Sacramento,ca. and i have noticed that the a/c compressor has been staying on(there is a puddle of water where the evap. coil is loacated) even tho I am not asking for cooling with temp. outside in the fifty's. I can hear it turning on and off. I know that it comes on if I ask for defrost, but why would it come on when I am just calling for heating?
  • billgrissombillgrissom Member Posts: 15
    I live in Sacrament too and my T&C AC runs in the winter. All cars have been designed like this for many years when defrost is selected. I don't know if they use a humidity sensor or just assume a little AC will help get rid of water vapor.
  • srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    On some of the newer cars, when the AC comes on when the defrost is selected, the separate AC button usually lights up. I think if you then press this button, the AC will shut off even though you are calling for defrost.
  • hallbowhallbow Member Posts: 1
    I have a 05 t&c with infrared 3 zone auto temp. control.It only blows air from panel vents. Even though the knob shows floor or windshield. anyone run into this?
This discussion has been closed.