Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Water in Floor Board 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

woodduckwoodduck Member Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in Jeep
I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I’m getting a lot of water in the passenger side floorboard. At first I thought it might be loosing coolant through the heater core, but it’s not coolant in the floor. I noticed water dripping out from underneath the side panel and thought the windshield might be leaking…Since that needed to be replaced anyway, I went a head and had that done and she’s still leaking. Today I pulled the cover off of the “A” pillar and there is a blue corrugated tube that runs from behind the dash, up the pillar and through the ceiling. What is that? Apparently this is where my water is coming from. The tube is broken, and breaks very easily (almost dry rotted) and water comes out of it. At first I thought that it could be the back windshield washer fluid line…but that’s not it, it still works. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    tuggajbtuggajb Member Posts: 646
    do you have a moon roof if so that is the drain tube for around the moon roof
  • Options
    woodduckwoodduck Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I do have a moon roof, so that would explain some of the water in the floorboard when it rains, but I have water in the floor most all of the time. What else could it be?
  • Options
    plugged drain for the ac unit

on the pass side of the jeep next to the trans hump there is a case that holds the ac evaporator that sweats when you ac the drain is plugged

you can carefully drill a hole at the bottom of the case and use a small wire to clean it out the drain sticks through-the firewall by the pas side have to look down where it slopes back toward the rear of the jeep should see small hose hanging down that is where the water is suppose to drain
  • Options
    look up plugged ac drain in jeep grand cherokee in a search

lots of returns to check out
  • Options
    cesar83cesar83 Member Posts: 1
    yes sir i have a 2000 grand cheroke and i got the same problem sorry but i don have the solution but in my jeep that happen when i turn the ac on not the heater just the ac so the problem is somewhere in the ac sisten i still workin on that if i find out i letyou know
  • Options
    search ac drain on the forum for jeep will show you how to fix
This discussion has been closed.