Options

Older Honda Accords

Comments

• Options
    m1miatam1miata Member Posts: 4,551
    Gray - they do not use carbon fiber accents on the SEV6.
    Loren
  • Options
    jmr237jmr237 Member Posts: 9
    Got it, thanks. So does that mean the SE V6 interior looks the same as the LX interior? I wonder why they don't use the carbon fiber accents on the V6?
  • Options
    m1miatam1miata Member Posts: 4,551
    Well I don't know why it did not go with the carbon fiber look. Not sure about how SE compares to interior of LX. What is has is the stability control and the V6 engine over the i4 SE model. I guess both have the 6 CD changer. If I recall correctly the difference was not much more or less than a couple thousand to get stability control + V6, so went with it. The i4 has good power, no doubt. The V6 was just that much stronger as in great power.

On the Honda website for car, they have all the break down of what each class has. Just select to view all on the tab there for comparison of models. Honda is very good about having info. on cars compared to many other sites using all flashy stuff and no info.

Loren
  • Options
    burbankfrankburbankfrank Member Posts: 2
    My 07 Accord EX-V6 came with a rattle in the center console. I just got it 3 weeks ago. After driving around and groping with my hand, I was able to isolate the rattle. It was coming from the center cubby hole under the radio. The door to the cubby was loose and making the noise. Resting my hand on it would silence it. I took the car back to the dealer and they were able to fix it in 3 hours, no charge.

Now I'm noticing a new rattle. Coincidentally, it seems to be the same rattle you're describing, rbarbot. Tomorrow, when I drive to work, I'll see if it's coming from the steering wheel cover.

This is annoying, the car is not even a month old and it's got rattles. I decided against getting the Hyundai Sonata because of the rattles and thumps that owners were complaining about. At this rate, there's no way I will want to keep this Accord after the lease is up.
  • Options
    burbankfrankburbankfrank Member Posts: 2
    My Toyota door locks worked with the key switch. When you turned it on, the doors would lock.

I actually grew really fond of that feature on my old 93 Toyota 4-Runner. Turning the key felt like, "Shields up!"
    I also liked the fact that the car would lock itself and set the alarm after 30 seconds from closing the door. If I ever forgot to lock up, the truck would take care of itself. Alas, the truck is no more--traded it in.

I wish I had those features on my 07 Accord EX-V6. In fact, I'm thinking of getting an after market Viper OEM alarm put on, just so I can have the passive automatic door locking and alarm setting. Although, it does say somewhere in the manual not to do that. How bad could it be?
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I also liked the fact that the car would lock itself and set the alarm after 30 seconds from closing the door. If I ever forgot to lock up, the truck would take care of itself. Alas, the truck is no more--traded it in.

I wish I had those features on my 07 Accord EX-V6.

I thank Honda for NOT doing that. I wash my car quite frequently, leaving the keys inside. If the car locked everytime I got out and closed the door, well, that'd leave me looking for the spare set way too much.
  • Options
    tamu2002tamu2002 Member Posts: 758
    My 06 Accord rattled too in the center console when new. Now 6 months later, the rattle seems to have gone away on its own. I wouldn't want the dealer to mess with the dash too much. The effort might create more rattles than it fixes.
  • Options
    The car knows not to lock it when the key is in the ignition.
  • Options
    abhinaikabhinaik Member Posts: 29
    Does anyone know if 07 accord SE I4 comes with tinted glass windows?
  • Options
    I know that. I don't always leave my keys in the ignition though. I was referring to the 4Runner that fella was talking about that locked itself after 30 seconds of a door being shut. That would be a pain to me.
  • Options
    I have the 2007 Accord SE sedan 4 cyl auto, and it did not come with tinted windows.
  • Options
    elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    I don't think any of them come from the factory with tinted windows. The dealer will sometimes add accessories to a car before they put it on the lot. My car came with tinted windows, mudguards, and rear spoiler (dealer installed). The dealer probably gets a better deal from the tint shop, than someone off the street.
  • Options
    I think you replied to me accidentally, but I'll confirm for ya that no Accord comes with tinted windows standard. Those are on the Odyssey, Pilot, etc..
  • Options
    Yes, oops, SUVs usually have the rear windows tinted. Seems to be what everyone wants, and SUVs and Vans look like crap without it, IMO.
  • Options
    I know it does not come with privacy glass which is very dark.
    Is the glass fully transparant or it becomes little dark in sunlight. I just bought 07 SE I4 and its rear window glass becomes little dark in sunlight.
  • Options
    I sometimes find the auto lock annoying too, 'cause it often takes longer than 30 sec for me to run to the drive way from the moment I pressed the unlock buton from inside the house :) Also, I still don't know if the car will auto lock if you forget to lock it after turning off the engine. Anyone know?

I think it's a less useful auto lock feature than the one that activates when the car is started or moves faster than 5mph, which the Accord doesn't have.
  • Options
    gowrongowron Member Posts: 3
    The glass on all 07 Accords have a slight greenish tint to keep the interior cooler but as far as a tinting film I think that's a dealer add-on or aftermarket thing.
  • Options
    dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Almost all cars come with tinted windows. The dark tint that many minvans and SUVs have from the factory is what many people call tint. Just because you can see through the window does not mean it isn't tinted.
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Don't worry about rattles too much. The Honda dealer I went to was good about fixing the rattles I was able to pinpoint the location on (one of which was the center console door/storage bin (on the '03 model I had; damn, they haven't fixed that yet; American CAR BUILDERS!!!) Anyway, the point is, they were able to fix that one and make it go away forever.

The other one I had problems with that came on and off (and I was able to turn it off by pushing up the headliner) was the headliner sunglass container piece rattle from above.

My wife's Japanese built and assembled 05 Civic and 07 Civic had no rattles, and have no rattles.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    All cars today come with tinted glass as standard equipment. The last Honda to have non-tinted glass was the early '90s base model Civic hatchback. However, it's not the privacy tinted glass that some minivans have, nor the the dark tint that's an aftermarket applied film accessory, and seen typically in the south or southwest. Many of these are illegal anyway, as in many states it's flatly illegal to dark tint the driver's and front passenger side windows. This is required for the safety of police officers.
  • Options
    exshomanexshoman Member Posts: 109
    I'll second tamu2002's comment. I can't count the number of times I unlocked the doors only to find the doors had re-locked themselves again after 30 seconds (usually after loading the trunk).

Also don't like the fact that it doesn't allow me to lock the doors until all the doors are closed. Makes it a royal pain in the behind if you've got stuff that you're unloading from the back seat (like my laptop & lunch). Just makes it more difficult by having to juggle laptop, books, lunch while holding onto the key so that I can lock the doors after closing them (or fish in my pockets after closing the door to lock the car). Would be much easier to open the rear door, click on the lock button, put the key away and get my stuff and just close the door.

Seems like a small irritation, but all I'm saying is I hate cars that try to second guess me. If I click unlock on my FOB, I want the car to unlock (and stay unlocked). If I hit lock, then I want the car's locks to go down.

Just curious, do other cars do this? No other car I've owned with keyless entry has either of these behaviors - then again, I've not owned a huge amount of vehicles either.
  • Options
    bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    I think most cars will auto re-lock if unlocked via a remote and a door is not opened within 60 seconds.

Many of these lock/unlock options can be changed.

---My famous words---
    Read your owner's manual.
  • Options
    bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    First new car?

Expected it to be perfect, right?
  • Options
    bristol2bristol2 Member Posts: 736
    I echo a previous poster who had rattles that disappeared over time.
    Had a rattle in the driver side inside door handle and front passenger seat belt assembly.
    Both disappeared, I assume it's a little like a house settling.
  • Options
    There is a trick on Honda's to lock the door before you close it.

When you open the door, keep the inside handle in the open position. While the handle is in the open position hit the door lock button on the armrest. all doors will lock and your drivers door is still open. Now when you close the door the car is locked.

Sounds a little awkward, but it really isn't.
  • Options
    cswancswan Member Posts: 3
    So, I posted the msg in quotes below on this subject on the '07 Accord Maint & Repair board, but it appears that board's pretty quiet in terms of postings. Based on what you guys are saying, I should give the rattle time to work itself out. Glad to hear it. Don't want to be the guy who the service techs think is whining about every sound he hears. Anywho, reason for re-posting here is I thought you might find my wind noise issue of interest (second paragraph below).

"I just brought home a brand spanking new EX-L V6 Accord on Saturday and overall love the car in terms of ride / driving dynamics. However, I'm hearing an intermittent rattle coming from the passenger side area when hitting bumps. Does anyone know if this is an issue that will sort itself out over time as the car breaks in and parts start to seat themselves or will I need to take action to eliminate the sound? It's loud enough to be annoying to me, but maybe I'm overly sensitive since the car's new. That's certainly my wife's take on the situation.

BTW, I did have to bring it to the dealership for another noise issue. I was hearing a loud warbling sound from the back of the car at speeds over 50 mph. Took it in and they finally isolated it to the sat radio antenna cover. It wasn't sealed down properly and wind was getting under it and cavitating, causing the warbling. So, if you ever start to hear such a sound, that may be the cause."
  • Options
    I do this all the time. Very convenient.
  • Options
    The doors will lock, even if you don't hold the handle. Or do you mean this works on the passenger side door?
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Honda should turbo the 3.0 V6 for the next Accord!
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    exshomanexshoman Member Posts: 109
    Thanks Bolivar, but I'm one of those odd folks who actually read the owners manual. There's no telling what kind of useful information you'll find in there.

Unfortunately, Honda doesn't see fit to allow any sort of customer programming when it comes to the door locks (or anything else for that matter). Maybe they think their customers are too dumb to understand such an option.
  • Options
    Honda web site shows this light as a standard feature on all models.

My 07 L4 Accord SE, glove box did not light when I open it. Does anyone know where this light and switch to turn it on is?
  • Options
    The glove box light works with the light switch (headlight/park lights). If the lights are on, the glovebox light is on (even when the door is shut).
  • Options
    Does anyone know if 07 SE comes with security system. I did not see the red light on the dashboard panel flashing when car is locked? I know that this shows up in EX models
  • Options
    The SE has the key immobilizer system--which means the car won't start unless the key (and its unique RF transmitter) is nearby--but it does not have a full-fledged alarm system that makes the car beep and honk if someone messes with it. You have to go to the EX trim level to get the security system.
  • Options
    gottaodygottaody Member Posts: 5
    You can have the security system added to an 07 SE I4 as an accessory. If you do, make sure you get the security system owner's manual from the dealer. There are some settings and procedures which aren't described in the main manual.
  • Options
    how much do you think this should cost me?
  • Options
    The SE may not have the security system, but it does have a blinking red light on the dash.

Deterance is half the battle.
  • Options
    gottaodygottaody Member Posts: 5
    The Honda website lists the parts price for the security system as $194. Figure another $100-200 for installation.
  • Options
    I do not see any blinking light on the dash. The onli blinking light I see is for anti theft radio.

Do you have a separate blinking red light than the one for radio?
  • Options
    saleemsaleem Member Posts: 114
    i think its on the right side of the center stack, above some of the flow controls (defog vs feet only etc). yes deterance is half the battle but honda should have made it more prominent, then :P
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    There is only one blinking light.
  • Options
    On Accords WITH the security system, there are actually two. The one on the radio, and one in the instrument cluster, to the right of the speedo.
  • Options
    Just the radio light - I imagine any kind of security can be a detterant.

A few months ago I was parked right next to a vehicle that was stolen (this was down in Kansas - not up in peaceful SD). My 2006 Sienna with the DVD player etc was passed up for the neighboring 5 year old domestic van. Why? The Sienna does not have the fancy alarm, but you do need a key with the chip, and it does have a blinking red light. The other side of the stolen van was a new Chrysler (I think it had security)

My first reaction was thank goodness I am not stranded here with my family (I knew the guy whose van was stolen - what a nightmare), stangely my second reaction was whats wrong with my van? :confuse: :)
  • Options
    rbarbotrbarbot Member Posts: 19
    I'm going in on monday to get the rear deck spoiler installed and HOPEFULLY this horn cover rattle, as well. It sounds like something is underneath it tapping on the plastic cover. Also, I have noticed that the noise is mostly there when the car's interior is cool (after being parked in the garage for awhile). After a period in the sun, it seems like is sometimes goes away, maybe due to heat expansion tightening something up.

Does your rattle stop if you pull up( towards your face)on the horn cover?
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    If you don't like rattles,why would you let them drill holes and use bolts to mount a spoiler. If you open/shut the trunk often it make be it's own source of rattles................Or do you need the down force?
  • Options
    rbarbotrbarbot Member Posts: 19
    I think the deck lid spoiler is a stick-on. No holes that I am aware of.
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    I think the deck lid spoiler is a stick-on.

Sorry... there will be holes drilled: Deck Lid Spoiler Install
  • Options
    Good! I can't believe anyone would super glue tacky plastic onto a new car. But wait. This is America,land of the free...home of the tasteless. :) Now if I could just get these tail fins straight.
  • Options
    blufz1, if you have a problem with spoilers, don't get one for your own car. I don't remember anyone asking for your advise. It's his car, and he can do whatever he wants with it. :P
  • Options
    Yes,I find no need to smooth the air flow on my stocker. I am just joking, or do you think I really have fins on my car? :)