Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

fast flash turn signal 2005 Crown Victoria

kcdkcd Member Posts: 6
edited December 2013 in Ford
Anyone know what to check for as to why my turn signal flashes fast? This happens only on left turns. I switched the turn signal bulbs on the left side with the ones on the right (both front and rear), but it didn't solve the problem. The emergency flasher works fine (no fast flash, left and right). After reading in another forum that a blower motor speed can cause fast flash, I turned the blower fan to maximum and minimum speeds, but it had no effect on the flash speed. I'm thinking an electrical connection may have jarred loose from hitting all the potholes lately.

Comments

• euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    If the faster flashing occurs both front and back, count your blessings & continue on.
  • sprint230sprint230 Member Posts: 2
    Try removing the taillight on that side and removing the sockets from the lens then try the turn signal again. You may find one of the bulbs is not working. There are two bulbs in the taillight and it is hard to tell if one is not working when they are inside the lens.
  • kayostarkayostar Member Posts: 1
    It may be an electrical issue as you said. Check further to source the route of the problem.
  • storitallstoritall Member Posts: 3
    I HAVE A 2001 MARQUIS THE FLASHER HAS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR TWO YRS, AND STILL CAN'T LOCATE THE PROBLEM FAST FLASH BOTH SIDES AND 6 MONTHS AGO THE BLOWER MOTOR STARTED GOING UP AND DOWN AS IT WANTED I KNOW THERE IS I NO FLASHER FUSE LIKE THE OLD DAYS AND WONDER IF ONE HAS TO DO WITH THE OTHER ANY THOUGHTS.
    WHAT WILL CAUSE FAST TURN SIGNALS. IT BEEN DOING IT FOR THREE YRS CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT IT DOES'NT HAVE A FLASHER FUSE AND BLOWER MOTOR JUST STARTED CHANGING SPEEDS ON IT'S OWN WONDER IF ONE HAS TO DO WITH THE OTHER
  • kcdkcd Member Posts: 6
    I finally figured out what was causing the fast flash: it was a burned-out bulb. I didn't realize there were two signal bulbs on each side in the rear. When I checked the left rear, I saw blinking and assumed the bulb was OK but one of the two was actually out. When the bad one was replaced, fast flash ended. You may need to make sure that both bulbs on each side (4 in total for the back) are blinking. It's hard to see through the red cover and with the flashing bulb.
  • w9bagw9bag Member Posts: 2
    A fast flashing directional indicator is usually indicative of a burned out bulb.
    If this is not the case, make sure that one of the bulbs has not been replace with a LED replacement. This will cause a fast flash. You can get a resistor to place in circuit with LED's to make the flasher cycle normally. The only thing that will make your turn signals flash fast is a lack of resistance, as in a burned out bulb or a replacement LED unit.
    Also, if there is a faulty ground, this will cause dim illumination. Make sure that there is a solid, rust free & dry connection of the ground wire.
  • 2004mercury2004mercury Member Posts: 1
    The rapid turn signal usually indicates a bulb is burned out. However, if all bulbs appear to be working, the culprit is a corroded or dirty bulb socket. Clean all the sockets with a fine emory board or cloth and replace the bulb(s). The rapid clicking will disappear.
  • Vic21Vic21 Member Posts: 1
    2011 Crown Victoria wiper blades turn singles break lights went out... What would be the issue? Thanks