Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/8 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

XC90 Auto Locking Setup

christchurchchristchurch Posts: 125
edited July 2014 in Volvo
I have noticed mention of the XC90 auto locking feature which apparently can be set without taking to the dealer.
The factory default is preset at OFF.
This is a very convenient feature which I and am sure other owners appreciate.
Would you please advise and
"walk me through" the reset proceedure ?
Thank You !

Comments

• dbak29dbak29 Posts: 6
    I am out of town, the key will not turn past position I/II. I can turn on accessories, radio, etc, but that is it. It will not turn to Position III to start engine. I have checked every fuse, re-set car battery and key battery. Any help would be appreciated before I have a 100 mile tow. I do not have a second key with me. It also could be something more serious such as switch.
  • mikey38mikey38 Posts: 141
    try turning the steering wheel slightly left or right and then turn the key. Also check that the gear shift selector is not slightly out of park.
  • dbak29dbak29 Posts: 6
    Thx, just tried that, no luck. Appreciate the advice.
This discussion has been closed.