Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

1134135136137138140»

Comments

• Options
    nedzelnedzel Member Posts: 787
    For goodness sake, just get a set of snow tires -- you can get set for less than the cost to insure your winter beater.

I put snow tires on my wife's 2002 C240 every winter. It's just fine in snow. If you live in the mountains of NH, VT, or out west, sure get AWD.

In most areas, where you just have to deal with a few inches of snow on the road on your way home, modern RWD cars will do just fine with a good set of snow tires.

I grew up in Chicago, driving a full-size 1970 Ford wagon with bias-ply tires and it did just fine in the snow when driven with a little care and thought. I am constantly amazed when people claim modern RWD cars (with traction control, ESP, ABS, and excellent weight distribution) are hard to drive in the snow.
  • Options
    plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    You'd think that snow doesn't exit in Germany or something...

:P

Snow tires. Traction control. Practicing a lot in a parking lot.
  • Options
    jwilliebermudajwilliebermuda Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody know if the 2008 C-class will be offered in a 2-door version? The MBUSA website has a nice intro to the 4-door C300 and C350 models available in sport of luxury versions (evidently the C230 with 2.5 liter V6 is no more -- we own a 2006 C230). The 4-door styling looks very good, preferable to the present models.
  • Options
    boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    Probably not at least for a few years.

The CLK is based on the C Class (even though it's slotted in between the C and E Class).

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

• Options
    jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    No coupe for the US market. The car was deemed a "failure" by the dealers...even though it accomplished the mission of attracting an younger audience.
  • Options
    plinaplina Member Posts: 61
    I have a question how is it possible that a C30 auto has the same MPG than a C280 4 matic? I saw the same mileage posted on both cars when I went to the dealer.
    Now for AWD I recomend the Infiniti G35 more car for them money.
  • Options
    bobandjessbobandjess Member Posts: 1
    Had the front left signal light go out on a 2007 C230 with 1100 miles on it! Of course right after the free safety inspection at the dealer! Is this a common problem with the C class? Anyone have a similar problem. Always had a Ford never had this problem

:mad:
  • Options
    boomchekboomchek Member Posts: 5,516
    Could be just the bulb, but I had some of my lights go out (the dash computer/info centre would tell me the bulb is out), but then they'd work again.

MB uses lousy wiring harnesses and that could be the problem if the light bulb is fine.

I know on mine it's the wiring to the light that is faultyy, but because it works 99% of the time, and I am out of warranty, I really don't feel like blowing money on it right now.

2016 Audi A7 3.0T S Line, 2021 Subaru WRX

• Options
    hobsonrhobsonr Member Posts: 1
    According the service manual, there is a dip stick available. I assume it is available at the dealers.
    I would like to get one because it only warns you when the vehicle is a quart low. Living in a warm climate, I like keeping the oil sump near full to obtain the best heat dissipation.
  • Options
    paul_ppaul_p Member Posts: 271
    Hi All,

After selling my Y2k C230 over a year ago, I'm looking for a car like the new C220 Mercedes I leased back in 1995.

Does anyone have long term experience with these cars who could tell me what to watch out for wear-wise on a '95 C220? I'm familiar with the "nature of the beast" up to about 40k miles when I traded mine for the Y2k (gas gauge issues & a/c condensor).

I know it's personal but imho nothing made today has the same combination of handling, solidness, ride, and looks. Or it could be nostalgia! :-) Regardless, I'm considering owning such a car again, or possibly a '96 through '01 E-Class.

- P.
  • Options
    plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    The only real older Mercedes to get is a 99 S500. Worth every penny and a blast to drive. Still gets you tons of looks.
  • Options
    vettemadvettemad Member Posts: 1
    Hi John, You seem knowlegeable and I'm having trouble finding the answer to some questions, so I'm gonna ask what you may know are differences between 94-96 2.8 I6's and 97 2.8 I6, my 95 c280's motor got hurt in a wreck and jumped timing, for less than the cost of a head and a few more needed parts I can replace the motor which is what I'm doing...I'm finding more low mile 97 motors for better prices than 94-96 motors, hollander interchange manuals suggest perfect swap is for 94-96...what makes the 97 2.8 I6 different from the earlier94-96"s bolt on stuff?...thanks, cliff
  • Options
    thumper1221thumper1221 Member Posts: 28
    Does the C-Class Tire Pressure Monitoring System display the PSI in each tire or does it just provide a warning light on the dash?

I really like this feature on the Acura TSX, but I am struggling to find comparables.
  • Options
    gkg680gkg680 Member Posts: 25
    I recently bought a 2010 C300. Nice car, like driving a bank vault, solid, but tire pressures are not displayed, you get an idiot light. I considered a TSX but would've liked a manual transmission with a certain color scheme, and they're hard to find in my locale. C300s with a stick shift are even rarer.

Both cars, I believe, are wonderful values. Sadly, I had many distractions, was having problems with my old car, and needed a car in a hurry, hence, didn't negotiate from strength or get as far under MSRP as I would've liked. I think you'll be happy with either one, tho. I like driving a V6 after years of owning 4 cylinder cars, and the automatic transmission has been fine, I live in a large and congested city, but I might be rationalizing a bit.

Best of luck with whichever car you choose, thumper.
  • Options
    artautowriterartautowriter Member Posts: 2
    We're considering buying a 2010 C300 Sport. I know the older C-series had problems with electrics & perhaps other areas. What experience does anyone have with the '09 or '10s?

We're down to this C300, an Audi A6 Quattro & my wife likes the boring Lexus ES. One of these will replace a leased BMW 328i that has been fantastic. Wife says it's too small even though same size as C300. Go figure.

Thanks.

Norm
This discussion has been closed.